• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire 5850 Extreme Con

OcUK Staff
Haven't actively read or posted the OcUK forums for quite a while but chanced upon this thread and Gibbo reminded me out that there are good men out there.

I remember the TBird years; the 3DMark years; the years in the wilderness; and now what seems to be you back at the top of your game.

You've also earned my custom again today on this basis. :)

Nice to have you back Pre and yes I remember you from the good old days. :)
Thanks for the custom today.

Soldato
I just bought another 5850, I got one when they were £115 and at £150 their still a great deal. These are the best versions of 5850s, smaller and run cooler. AND OCUK are the cheapest seller too! OCUK win again :)

Soldato
Will however give you a list of retailers and then you can check them for their stock if that's what you are after (which I was).

Google doesn't list all the places it does.

Anyways ordered my mobo. Hope this one doesn't email me back tomorrow with a refund and a note saying their stock numbers were wrong.

Which is what the last place I tried did :(

SON OF A *****

They just cancelled and refunded my order. Their stock numbers were wrong :mad:

Soldato
SON OF A *****

They just cancelled and refunded my order. Their stock numbers were wrong :mad:

What for the Sapphire 5850s? I placed an order later afternoon today and its showing as in the queue of the warehouse??

edit: never mind you were talking about that Foxxcon mobo, hope you find one mate :)

Last edited:
Associate
Also m3sSh3aD, can you post your review of the 5850 here in this thread as i would like to know what you wrote as i think you did not write a review and just wrote about price fluctuation's.

Gibbo I think it was made a post awhile back over a year I think of customer review's of products that OcUK did not add due to bad language,ranting ect.

He said sometimes customers would ask why there review was not added so he posted us some examples.

Was going to make a post a few weeks ago asking if he could post some more as it made some funny reading :cool:

So now seems to be a good time to ask.

Man of Honour
What a strange thread!, good job the shop guys have had their input as I was reaching for my "ban hammer" initially, after some consultation in the DR mind;)

Associate
TBH the TC does have some valid points.

The radeon 4850 was released in late 2008 and in march 2010 it costed around £60/70

The radeon 5850 was released in late 2009 so it comes to reason that in late 2011 it would cost a similiar amount.

But instead it was discontinued with demand for such a powerful card remaining high pushing to price high.

The GTX 560 of comparable performance costs £140 at best

I don't think people would have paid £140 for a GTS 250 late last year.

Soldato
Im suprised no one has picked up on how rude he was about the staff. Honestly if anyone goes to OCUK in person the two lads on the desk (5UB and richard?) are top class , you couldnt find better help imo

He claims hes been to OCUK 10 times in a month i reckon 5UB probably has an idea who he is (probably the guy who looks the most retarded) If he comes to the store again id just point blank refuse him

I agree the chap on the desk with the glasses ( not sure of your name :p ) is very polite and very helpful. I called into the store last week to bring my B2 sandybridge board back for replacement and he was very helpful.

I also noticed that there was a memo on the counter saying that OcUK were allowing unwanted goods to be returnerd within 7 days, kinda like the DSR but for shop brought items :)

Associate
hmm so OP wants to post a negative review, yet sates in his original post that these cards "excellent". You mean you want to complain about the price not the product... sounds like a tantrum to me.... not a product review.
Have you actually brought one of these cards from OCuk.... if you dont like their price there are other PC retailers in Stoke

I have been to OCuk shop on many occasional and never seen anything you mention.
I have always found the front desk staff helpful too, even with RMA's that were realy nothing to do with them.
When asked where to buy PC "stuff" from OCuk are one of only a hand full of retailers in stoke i am confident to recommend.

Soldato
OMG not another BROUGHT/BOUGHT thing. When an American gets angry at bad English that means you are really, really stupid. BROUGHT DOES NOT MEAN BOUGHT. Learn your native tongue, good lord.

...and the OP should really go to school and learn the basics of supply and demand.

Last edited:
Associate
You buy something from here because you feel that it is worth the asking price. If you don't think it's worth the asking price, don't buy it from here.

Simple.

Associate
LOL im suprised this thread is still going LOL

If you dont like the price of an item, dont buy it or buy it else were or buy a different product.

If you dont like the staff dont use a company

Are OCUK always the cheapest? Many not.....what about all the times that they are the cheapest by far? Do we run around all saying thanks to them for there great prices LOL??

I buy from OCUK, indeed i bought a MSI 560ti 2gig this week for £199, will it be cheaper a month down the road? maybe or it might be more expensive? the price was right on the day i bought it and the service i got was good....to me thats all i want from a company, good service and the product i wanted at a price i was happy.

Associate
I haven't read the entire thread as it's abundantly clear in the first post that the OP is a drooling moron. Just wanted to add two things.

One of there staff told me the OCZ 1250W (£160 @ time) is same as the corsair AX1200 (239 @ time, NOW I SEE £249 and STILL NONE IN STOCK!!!(5 weeks at least now)). Bar just bean plane out right wrong, that OCZ is likly to cause problems for my systems (4x5850's) and nowhere near the quality of the COrsair AX series or Antec HCP series. Corsair went with another maker foir the AX series than there usual people and come up with what could be called the best single 12V rail PSU bar none. OCZ, please, Give it a rest. they must have a good mark up on OCZ, thats all i can see.

Apart from the fact that you're incapable of using basic English, you know nothing about power supplies. I can't see a single correct statement in that mess of what might pass for words in a world populated by imbeciles.

If i went through your site with a toothcomb

Toothcomb? Toothcomb? As in, a comb for teeth?
What?

:rolleyes:

Successful troll has in fact been successful here but I still bit.

Soldato
CaptainUnlikely, I foudn the first part of your scathing post to be a hilarious putdown. However, your post is also a cautionary warning to make sure that when putting someone else down as an idiot, make sure you don't present yourself as one:

Toothcomb? Toothcomb? As in, a comb for teeth?
What?

:rolleyes:

Successful troll has in fact been successful here but I still bit.

Observe:
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/go+over+with+a+fine-tooth+comb
go over something with a fine-tooth comb also go through something with a fine-tooth comb
to examine every part of something very carefully
"My accountant is going over my tax return with a fine-tooth comb."
Usage notes: also used in the form fine-toothed comb

Back
Top Bottom