Nose Bleeds

Caporegime
Used to get them regularly until a few years ago when they just tailed off. Sometimes though ill still have a tiny few spots of blood on a tissue after blowing my nose, particularly when working in a dusty environment, such as when sanding fillers at work. I should wear a dust mask but i find them uncomfortable after a bit.

Associate
I used to get them all the time when I was 10-14.

I remember my first one as well, I had a cold at the time so my nose was quite runny sometimes, I went to sleep and woke up to a runny nose, I rubbed my nose to clear it, a few seconds later it became blocked again, I kept doing this for around 2-3 minutes, until I finally got up to the bathroom to blow my nose proper...

I looked in the mirror and saw my face covered in blood and with it poring out both nostrils, needless to say I've never yelled so much in my life, swiftly followed by some sort of strange freak out break dance of panic then I fell in the bath.

Aaah memories :')

Associate
Started to get nose bleeds quite often when I was about 17, getting worse until when I was about 21 I used to get them daily. Doctor never found anything wrong. Went to a private practice and the doctor there said that the blood vessels were thin. He shoved some silver nitrate up my nose which cauterized the weak vessels quite nicely, so that I've never had a nose bleed since then - about 9 years. No more bloody clothes/pillows/sofa's yay.

Associate
I used to have nose bleeds all the time since i broke my nose for the 3rd time around 21 years old. More frequent in summer and also whilst i slept i would wake up with a pool of blood around my face and pillow, quite an alarming amount sometimes as it wouldn't just drip out but a continuous stream!

I went to the doctor and he quaterised my nostril with silver nitrate which stung a little but hasn't bled since.

Associate
I've had 3 - 4 a week since i broke my nose about 7 years ago, they are pretty easily stemmed but its just annoying when they randomly start for no reason!

Saw my doctor about it, he said they are ok at the moment, as in, they arnt going to kill me, but i could have my nose cauterized if i wanted. Turned it down at the time but i might get it done in the future!

Associate
Used to get them regularly in my teenage years, for no reason too, since then I don't think I have had one.

Most embarrasing place I got one was on a bus journey, only had a scrap of tissue paper (I used to carry tissues just in case), bit of a nightmare really.

The worse one I had was around Christmas one year, it lasted about 15 mins, blood gushing out, I felt faint and sick afterwards, had to lie down for the rest of the evening.

Man of Honour
My dad had really bad nosebleeds about 8 years ago or so, took them a couple of goes at cauterisation but they finally seemed to get it right. Still wasn't realy sure of the cause.

Associate
Normaly only get them in spring to summer because of hay fever making me sneeze a lot also because I have A weak blood vessel up there as well.
It was a lot worst when I was a kid I would get them all the time and there never a slow stream but a river :)

Caporegime
Used to get them quite badly a couple of years ago, to a point mum was going nuts about me going to see someone about it. Though I haven't had one for a while now!

Typically I would get them due to hay fever and sneezing lots continuously!

Associate
i had up to 20 a day around 10 years ago in the summer as i was hot and/or sneezed and hayfever didn't help with sneezing, only lasted a couple of minutes each though and i've grown out of them now i only had 1 this year and that was a few drips lol

i always felt better after one though, like my hayfever symptoms dissapeared for the next half an hour

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom