Forza 4

Associate
OK, so Silverstone didn't get updated but the American tracks have been given the once over.

FM3 to FM4 is a big difference, much bigger than FM2 to FM3. The change in tyre dynamics and the weight shift are very noticeable.

From what I have read all the tracks in the game have been given a face lift for the new lighting engine. I'm not quite sure why the effort for the new Silverstone wasn't put in. The large majority of the track is unchanged so its not like it would have required the 1yr+ development of a totally new circuit.

Soldato
Surround sound doesn't interest me in racing games. Even when you're in a rear engined car the sound comes from the centre speaker so I don't see the point in it :(

I've just built a racing rig with a 5.1 setup, the speakers are perfectly placed, and the surround sound is amazing.. it's more that having a sub and positional audio works on many other levels..

Soldato
Ibert enjoy the CSR, I reckon your going to end up smiling ear-ear.
Look forward to your comments...

Many of you guys use 5.1 or 7.1? Cos aint the audio friggin mental...

Just 5.1 for me, but yes, the audio I've heard from some of the videos is just crazy. The 458 from the demo is good, but I'm hoping that they nailed the 355.

My wheel is in Germany at the moment. I don't think I will use the pad for any of the races, so If it doesn't arrive by this friday, I will just mess with the livery editor until it arrives, or play with the Auto Vista/Kinect.

You should all go have a look on the official forums new Race Livery section, especially the ones from a guy called Armipotent Adam. He is probably the best painter in the Forza series.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/157/ShowForum.aspx

Associate
I would really like to invest in a wheel but can justify the massive cost, I did buy a MS Wheel for Forza 3 and the wheel felt good but the peddles had no resistance so were hard to gage or get any feel for.

How much would I be looking at for a decent wheel and peddles with some sort of stand or holder ?

Thanks for any info :)

I've ordered the new MS Wireless wheel/controller thing to see what its like but I you can't beat a proper FF wheel.

Soldato
I would really like to invest in a wheel but can justify the massive cost, I did buy a MS Wheel for Forza 3 and the wheel felt good but the peddles had no resistance so were hard to gage or get any feel for.

How much would I be looking at for a decent wheel and peddles with some sort of stand or holder ?

Thanks for any info :)

I've ordered the new MS Wireless wheel/controller thing to see what its like but I you can't beat a proper FF wheel.

Fanatec CSR + CSR Elite Pedals + Rennsport Stand = 520eur +shipping

Back
Top Bottom