Forza 4

Caporegime
I've just been into Game in the Manchester Arndale. They're doing a little Forza competition. It's a 2 lap race on the Bernese Alps Club Circuit (the one the Ferrari race was on in the demo) in the Veyron (R3, PI of 765 - wasn't it 800 in Forza 3?) on medium difficulty. That means ABS, TCS and STS all on, with auto gears and full braking line, which is considerably more assists than I'm used to.

It's 50p a time, with half going to charity, and the prize for the best time over the two laps is enough MS points to get the DLC, and the next 3 best times get a £10 game voucher.

I had two goes and my best time was 2:55.something. The guy said it was a pretty good time, but I'm not all that hopeful, as I know I'm not that brilliant. Still, the guy only had one A4 sheet of times written down at that point, so fingers crossed.

For the record, the Veyron felt good, but more wobbly than in FM3 - I think I had more trouble keeping it pointing in a straight line.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Associate
Hmm, got mine today actually. Was in a big box, which if Im honest wasnt really needed.
Seems like GAME have gone all weird on their posting choices and packaging choices.

It could have easily fitted through a post box if it was a normal package which is why my friend has to wait until tomorrow to pick it up from the sorting office :|

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
True, but I'm not sure how many of the pirates will be on Live, given that they're probably on JTAG'ed boxen.

Not necciserrily. I don't want to go into details because I don't want to fall foul of the rules, but it doesn't need a JTAG'd box to run, it can be burned and played on a DVD firmware modded console like any other game.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've currently got the standard version pre-ordered.

I've read different things. Can someone answer these questions for me please:

- If I upgrade my Pre-order to the LE, what extra's do I get?
- If I just buy the LE instead of Pre-order do I get anything different?
- Does the LE come with a season pass?
- If not, can I buy the season pass from the Gamestation shop or is it online purchase only?

Hope those who have got there's are enjoying it. Don't forget to stop and let us know who haven't how good it is, etc.

Thanks

Soldato
I'm sure they work okay but have you ever tried a racing game using the tilt function on the six axis or wii? It just feels wrong floating in your hands, I couldn't get used to it. Put the money towards a proper wheel.

I have the official wheel and pedals I just don't have the space and botherdness to keep getting it out all the time. Also sat on your lap it's not the greatest. Think I will stick with the pad.

Associate
There is a massive price difference between the Speed Wheel thing and a decent xbox wheel :)

Well it's up to you, but I'd rather put the money away and save the rest for a half decent wheel and pedals.

Floating steering wheels are a novelty that are fun for ten minutes on games like mario kart and motorstorm, but I wouldn't want to be playing forza or gran turismo with one. You're better off using the pad.

Back
Top Bottom