Do you feel good or bad after exercise?

Associate
People say you are supposed to feel good after the exercise releases endorphins and so on but I feel awful after exercise - queasy and fatigued. What am I doing wrong? I drink plenty of water and I'm not overweight.

Soldato
When you say you drink plenty of water, do you mean during exercise or just in general. I normally feel ok afterwards, unless I do something stupid and then it becomes painful :D

Soldato
I've felt queasy during exercise (football) but never after, and that was only when I started after 1 year of not playing.

Once I've been in the routine a while the aches and pains disappear.
Have you just started exercising? Could just be your fitness.

Man of Honour
"when I get a pump..."

In all seriousness, it can be a painful experience, depending on what I've been doing, but - just like popping my squat cherry - was the best kind of pain.

It's the same feeling I get after a day of awesome snowboarding: knackered, but buzzing.

Soldato
Could be. I'm not very fit at the moment tbh.

Do people who pump iron get buzzed after it? When I used to do it, my body just felt hammered afterwards.

Buzzed? Sort of I suppose. Hammered? Well I felt quite sore and achey the first time and I still do but now it's not as strong.

Soldato
After a good workout I am flooded with endorphins, so in answer to your question I feel bloody good.

You might have mild Asthma? Worth getting checked.

I have asthma and its just a question of controlling your breathing and knowing when to stop.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do people who pump iron get buzzed after it?

Yes massively.

"The greatest feeling you can get in a gym or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is the pump. Let's say you train your biceps, blood is rushing in to your muscles and that's what we call the pump. Your muscles get a really tight feeling like your skin is going to explode any minute and its really tight and its like someone is blowing air into your muscle and it just blows up and it feels different, it feels fantastic. It's as satisfying to me as cumming is, you know, as in having sex with a woman and cumming. So can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like getting the feeling of cumming in the gym; I'm getting the feeling of cumming at home; I'm getting the feeling of cumming backstage; when I pump up, when I pose out in front of 5000 people I get the same feeling, so I am cumming day and night. It's terrific, right? So you know, I am in heaven." :p

Permabanned
I push hard and tend to feel good after it. Most cyclist are the same though in regards to enjoying the pain of a climb etc. We're all weirdos.

This, 20 days since my bike was nicked and every day I wanted to get out on it in the summer, either go on the road or off road,something about a bike to me that offers more than running or any other cardio work, you can see so much, feel speed, feel pain in such a short distance, love it.

Really missing having a bike but waiting till Spring now, saving up and what with dark nights/weather, going to stick with stationary cycling. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Weights sessions clean me out these days, I feel great initially but after a while I begin to feel like a walking wound!:eek:

I recover quicker and feel a lot better if I can get an hour's kip soon afterwards, not always possible though.

Soldato
It depends on the exercise I feel.

With Cardio exercise, such as Running, Cycling or Cardio machines, I will either feel absolutely destroyed, or just a little tired, it really depends on the intensity/duration.

Resistance work though with weights, as others have said produces endorphins, otherwise known as 'the pump'. It varies, but you defiantly get more of a buzz with this type of exercise, when you can leave the gym feeling like you can take on the world.

Associate
After a heavy weight session I guess I feel the 'pump' but after a hefty cycle all I want is a huuuuuge half pizza supper from the local chippy :D

Back
Top Bottom