Forza 4

Soldato
Game seems good so far from what i have played, one thing that is annoying though is the prizes for new driver levels, yes you get choice but when it is the same sort of cars all the time it gets bit boring :\

Soldato
FANATEC WHEEL USERS

Rumour has it on the internet that there is a bug when using the wheel. You don't gain any credits or xp when the wheel sensitivity (SEN) is set ABOVE 270, setting the wheel to 270 or below apparently fixes this.

Not sure why on earth this is happening but there we go. Another oversight it seems.

I have not played it yet so I cant personally confirm this. Lots of people online suggesting this is happening. My mate who I was online with confirmed this as it was happening as we were in a party.

Soldato
Game seems good so far from what i have played, one thing that is annoying though is the prizes for new driver levels, yes you get choice but when it is the same sort of cars all the time it gets bit boring :\

Try this Viggy :
http://www.thelastshot.org/Forum/index.php?topic=3018.0

Lists the cars and the values in case you want to sell them. Only thing I have found is that the Muscle pack cars are not included. Some of them are rather valuable (100000cr+).

Associate
Going to pick this up in the morning, didn't think much of it, after seeing some screenshots and reviews from people looks like it could be a winner, wish the actual racing gameplay looked like it does in Autovista, can't expect to much from 6 year old tech though, and the gameplay feels good from the demo, a step up for F3 anyway.

Associate
Soldato
FANATEC WHEEL USERS

Rumour has it on the internet that there is a bug when using the wheel. You don't gain any credits or xp when the wheel sensitivity (SEN) is set ABOVE 270, setting the wheel to 270 or below apparently fixes this.

Not sure why on earth this is happening but there we go. Another oversight it seems.

I have not played it yet so I cant personally confirm this. Lots of people online suggesting this is happening. My mate who I was online with confirmed this as it was happening as we were in a party.

Ive only done one game, SEN@900 and I'm pretty sure i got XP as i levelled up my car iirc... Ive setup S_2 with the same settings but SEN@270 just to be on the safe side... Thanks for the heads up.

Associate
Now if I could just figure out how to retrieve all these photos it says it's uploaded. Nothing is appearing on my profile on the Forza site whatsoever at the moment.

Soldato
Good Lord ! the Kia Cee'd really is a nightmare round the Top Gear track :D

On this note, does anyone know if there is a Top Gear laptime challenge mode anywhere? I've done a standard hot lap on the track in the Cee'd but then after the first lap they're flying laps which isn't how Top Gear do their times.

It'll be annoying keep restarting the event plus you'd never get anywhere on the leaderboard compared to everyone doing flying laps, would be nice if there was a mode where you could only do standing start laps.

Associate
There would appear to be a bug with Forza 4 and the Speedwheel. The vibration doesn't work, didn't notice it wasn't for ages.

It would appear a lot of people are complaining of the same thing.

Associate
What's the wheel like to use then?

Also, can you manually change gear using it (no shoulder buttons)

You can select different button layouts as well as swapping or inverting some button positions, so yes you can manually shift.

All in all it works great, managed to get some clean laps done in the early events dropping into the top 5% on the leader board, but as there were only about 100,000 times set that prolly not representative.

I'm surprised how well it actually works. It feels robust but not to heavy as to make your arms tired and the glowing end caps is a nice quirk.

Only negatives so far are the vibration doesn't work in Forza 4 for some reason, driver issue I'm guessing, and the lack of shoulder button do cause some issue in certain menu's like the mail. There might be ways around the later but I didn't find it last night, maybe a Kinect voice command or something...

Back
Top Bottom