New tyres for BMW 335i

Soldato
Hi,

So I need some new tyres for my 335i, obviously they are runflats, I seem to have a limited choice of:-

Bridgestones Potenza (currently on car)
Pirelle P Zero
Goodyear Eagle F1

all for around the same money, any idea which I should choose?

HEADRAT

Soldato
I would ditch the run flats if I was you.

Bridgestones Potenza seem to have an inside edge wear problem.

I read that the P Zero wear out very fast

I have only read good things about Eagle F1's. I had them in the past and I was very pleased with them

Soldato
OP
Yeah I got rid of my runflats on my Z4 as they ruined the ride, not so sure about doing the same on my 335i as the ride isn't bad and having read so other experiences of people changing to non-runflats I'm not sure I want to go that route.

Associate
Yes BMW fit them as standard, but I believe you have the option to not have run flats. I personally love the runflats as I have had several punctures over the years miles from home and they have got me home easily and to a garage the next day. But they are abit of a harsh and skitish ride on my 1 series. I run Bridgestone er300.

Soldato
From my extensive googling, you will get a jelly like effect along with poorer steering precision..

I want to ditch my runflats but I'm not sure if it;s a wise move, I had active steering and dunno if it will affect it even more.

I think normal XL tyres are the way to go.

Last edited:
Soldato
I live with the Michelin PS2 ZP for 2 years and 20k if i'd kept the 335d I would have put them on again without hesitation. The ride is hard but it's not overly so and no where near the bone crushing stupidness of the FN2 Civic Type R.

Back
Top Bottom