Why does my 4S Go Silent when Docked?

Associate
My 3gs did that too when using the universal dock - is this what you are using, or does this happen with just the usb/dock connector lead?
I assumed that it was due to the sound being routed to the universal dock's audio out port even when no speakers are plugged in - however I never looked into it further. :/

Soldato
OP
My 3gs did that too when using the universal dock - is this what you are using, or does this happen with just the usb/dock connector lead?
I assumed that it was due to the sound being routed to the universal dock's audio out port even when no speakers are plugged in - however I never looked into it further. :/

Yes, using universal dock and when i dock it message tones are turned off and it just vibrates.

It doesn't happen if its connected directly to usb via cable.

Caporegime
I think that's default behaviour for the universal dock (missed 'dock' in my first post)

My iphone 4 does this in my sony ipod dock as well

No idea how you stop it.

sometimes it says "incompatible accessory connected" when you don't properly insert it, and it doesn't go silent

So i presume its the behavior of the dock rather than the phone. Hence why connecting a USB cable doesn't do it.

Back
Top Bottom