30" of hold out till some of the new 27" arive?

Associate
30" or hold out till some of the new 27" arrive?

Hi All, hope you can help me make my mind up so I can finally get my set-up sorted!

I'm looking for something that shows the whites like LED but dose not have the glare that the Apple 27" have.

I was going to buy the Dell 30" U3011, but noticed a couple of threads about new 27" monitors being released.

I did have the U2711 but didn't like the way web pages looked, I had it mounted next to my IMac and that shows whites really nice and is really bright!

The U2711 looked very dull and I couldn't get the brightness anywhere near my Mac (think I had a dud), however I must say the colors where very rich. I've now sold that and gone back to my trusty Dell 24" that's a lot brighter! Only problem is I do a lot of 20+ megapixel image editing and the 24 is just to small.

I plan to get the bigger screen and run my 24" next to it in portrait. Should I just go for the 30" or wait for the new 27"'s people are talking about? If I do go for the 30" it will be the Dell or the HP as £1100 is my max window.

Any thought on this??

Xray

Last edited:
Soldato
If you want the same panels as your imac look to the hazro 27" models (WD model, with DP or WC/WA with DP to dual link dvi box) or if you want to keep the style theme - ACD, if your imac is a 2011 model then a thunderbolt display will do the job.

Back
Top Bottom