Forza 4 OcUK Car Club

Associate
Was waitin for my invite. Sent loads of msgs but think live been playin up 2nite. So got sum work done on the rs200 but started to do my nut in so detuned it and get it better from there then tune it

Associate
dont think you was on when i was tryin to play so i gave up in the end haha

was havin some fun with my RS200, Detuned than one in share but a lot of fun!!
5e781k.jpg

5cbzgn.jpg

Watch Vid then Look at Pic
Vid
Click After Vid

Last edited:
Associate
Shall we have some proper race days, say Sundays, Wednesdays and another day?

Do want!

As much as I enjoy the mess around stuff, I prefer it as a gap in between some proper clean (as realistically possible) racing.

I like doing unmodified cars quite a lot too, pitting all the hot hatches against one another for example. Doesn't have to be 100% even performance points, just all cars in the same ball park and have some fun.

Same car racing is also a blast. I do a lot of M3 racing in GT5 online and it's never dull (could easily supplant the M3 with plenty of other cars though of course).

Not terribly keen on the full on race cars in Forza, they just don't feel as nice as they do in GT5.

Soldato
FAO r0zvad/JimIsLost - How the hell are you so fast in a straight line?

I was racing your ghost on the NSX/Suzuka challenge last night, and while I could keep up with you in the corners you were monstering me on the straights. Between both the run from the hairpin to Spoon and Spoon to 130R your ghost consistently pulled out about 15 car lengths.

It's not just that your ghost was getting a better exit as we'd often exit together, but you'd pull ahead on gear changes. I'm using manual gears so I'm guessing I'm either changing at the wrong point, or the fact I use auto clutch is slowing the changes down?

Annoying :)

Soldato
Was fun last night, got disconnected on the Benchmark tag round 2 though and didn't get spammed with more invites so just hit career for a bit. :D

Will look forward to some proper races sometime, although my psycho-Volvo™ is not suited to actual cornering so I'll need another car for S-class.

Caporegime

I was racing your ghost on the NSX/Suzuka challenge last night, and while I could keep up with you in the corners you were monstering me on the straights. Between both the run from the hairpin to Spoon and Spoon to 130R your ghost consistently pulled out about 15 car lengths.

It's not just that your ghost was getting a better exit as we'd often exit together, but you'd pull ahead on gear changes. I'm using manual gears so I'm guessing I'm either changing at the wrong point, or the fact I use auto clutch is slowing the changes down?

Can you mod or tune the car? Gear ratios could maybe make a difference?

Associate

There is definitely a shifting advantage to using the clutch, I've had ghosts pull away from me despite me shifting at the most perfect point in first gear to second, they just lunge ahead.

It's probably a combination is great shifting and better exit speed. One of the hardest corners on Suzuka and certainly the corner I find the most challenging (and the one that costs the most if you don't get it right) is the second left hander before the back straight. It's on a strange camber and the curve itself isn't the easiest. Exiting that well will be worth a huge amount of time come the end of the lap.

Soldato
Can you mod or tune the car? Gear ratios could maybe make a difference?
Nope, this challenge is for the stock '92 NSX. The same was happening for the stock Radical SR8 challenge around the ring, but it was only about 2 car lengths.

There is definitely a shifting advantage to using the clutch, I've had ghosts pull away from me despite me shifting at the most perfect point in first gear to second, they just lunge ahead.
Yeah, may have to learn to use the clutch then if it's that much of an advantage.

Back
Top Bottom