Local Admin Group GPO

Associate
Hey People,

I've just rolled out a GPO that adds a user group(local admin group) to everyone's local administrators group, this seems to be causing trouble.

Does this do anything unusual? such as remove existing users in the (local administrators) group?

I've done this several times on Server 2003, but not 2008 has there been a change? bit of a clanger if it has done! :(

Thanks in advance i might be in a bit of a pickle if it has removed existing users, i have cookies and internets to give away! Many Thanks People! :)

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Are you using group policy preferences or are you using the old 2003 restricted groups?

If you are using 2003 restricted groups it will remove existing users. You should have used 2008 GP Preferences and used the update option.

Associate
OP
Hi PAz,

Yep, added it the old restricted groups way, do'h.

Looks like I'm going to have to do a hell of a lot of reading up on 2008 for my new gig!

I'm not familiar with GP Preferences, don't spose you 9or anyone reading) has any good resources for this, or better still a guide to do what i'm after (create a local admin group for people to have access to local admin across all machines)

EDIT: This seems to be what i'm after

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom