New Toy !!! (well, its 3 months old) - Leather Strap

Soldato
I got myself a Black Rapid RS7 just before I went on holiday last week and it's absolutely brilliant. It attaches to the tripod mount so surely that would work with a handstrap too?

Soldato
It's not about the catches giving, it's about if some drunk guest thinks it would be a funny prank at a wedding to sneak up on me and unclip it whilst I am busy shooting with the other camera in my hand.

Hmm, hadn't thought of that - now I'm paranoid! ;)

Do like the leather one I have to say - if anyone knows anywhere to get one or something similar let me know :)

Associate
This is a dilemma that I have when wanting to shoot 2 cameras. I hate shooting without a handstrap, but then you can't sling a cam with a handstrap over your shoulder.

Oh yes you can.

I think that the instructions are in your camera manual. Google helped me find a pdf at the bottom of this page: http://www.itsjustkevin.com/?p=116

The buckle-like thing on the hand strap has an extra hole for the neck strap.

Andrew

Soldato
I got myself a Black Rapid RS7 just before I went on holiday last week and it's absolutely brilliant. It attaches to the tripod mount so surely that would work with a handstrap too?

Been using this combo since I got the 5D2. With the weight of the 24-70L, this is a comfy and quick combo.

I like that leather strap but I don't like the camera over neck unless it's the spare body.

Associate
This is a dilemma that I have when wanting to shoot 2 cameras. I hate shooting without a handstrap, but then you can't sling a cam with a handstrap over your shoulder.

Anyone here in the same boat that has found some kind of workable solution? I'm not quite sure how, but someone might've had some kind of genius idea
This may be what you are looking for. It uses the tripod mount instead :)

http://www.sun-sniper.com/en/the-steel.html

Back
Top Bottom