Poll: ***The Official Battlefield 3 Thread***

Xbox 360 BF3 server preference

• Total voters
Associate
Not sure if I should get this for 360 or PC argh. Obviously on the computer the graphics will be a lot better but you can't really play it with your mates whereas 360 is easy to setup and play with your mates etc.

I hope they wipe all the ranks again, if people are already playing the game now.

Come the 28th or whenever Tesco decides to send the game we'll be at a complete disadvantage to others who have already got a large amount of jet, weapon and vehicle unlocks.

Soldato
Yea seen that...

A litlte unsure about the install, see if I have this right, on 360 itll come on 2 discs?
Their will be a normal texture install for the game and then a secondary install ( on one of the discs?) for the better textures?

Am I understanding that right?

Soldato
IGN Review is out.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210387p1.html

Closing Comments

When you shut down Battlefield 3 and let the Frostbite 2-powered dust settle, it certainly has some problems. But DICE’s adoration of and expertise with the online experience permeates every aspect of its multiplayer. Regardless of the narrative missteps or the occasional glitches, Battlefield 3 offers an unforgettable, world-class multiplayer suite that's sure to excite shooter fans, whether they fired their first bullet in Battlefield 1942 or have just now heeded Battlefield's call of duty.

Presentation
The multiplayer’s robust, the browser-based launcher works well, but those who don’t play online won’t find much meat in the other modes.

Graphics
Frostbite 2 shines in multiplayer, single-player, and co-op.

Sound
You’ll hear every bullet whizzing by your head, and the crash of rubble all around you.

Gameplay
Traversing the enormous world feels great, on foot or in a vehicle, but the single-player’s quicktime events are just lame.

Lasting Appeal
Multiplayer unlocks will keep you chasing the dragon for months.

OVERALL

Amazing

(out of 10

Back
Top Bottom