Hillsborough Disaster

Permabanned
RIP to all of those that died.

Also RIP to all of those who died in the Bradford fire which we never hear about every year. Both terrible tragedies. The 80s was a dark period for football.

Soldato
As a Man Utd fan there is a lot about Benitez that i dislike but that brings a wee lump to the throat. He is clearly a class act in terms of his love for Liverpool.

Associate
I hope justice is done before it's too late. The case stinks to high heaven of cover up.

Justice for the 96.

You'll never walk alone. (And I'm an Everton fan.)

Permabanned
We would have won that game and im still annoyed that we lost the replay due to sympathy, in fairness we had no chance after that.

Theres 2 sides to every story and if you ask a lot of Forest... the Sun was right on a lot of things.

Soldato
Theres 2 sides to every story and if you ask a lot of Forest... the Sun was right on a lot of things.

I know a lot of Forest supporters that were there on the day and that's not what they say at all. They say the Liverpool fans were the only reason more people didn't die. I'm sorry you've bought into all that rubbish, but that's why newspapers do it. There's always someone who will believe it because they want to. :(

Permabanned
As much as you will all **** me off and as many as Forest fans you have spoken too - I know for a fact that stuff happened that wasnt savoury and that certain sections of Liverpool support should be ashamed of themselves.

Im not saying all of them and thats all I will post.

Everyone can believe what they want at the end of the day and as long as you are happy with that, so be it.

Soldato
I haven't slagged you off, nor will I. Many football fans did not and still don't behave in a 'savoury' way. Point is, they were not to blame for the police mistakes that doubtless caused more deaths than was necessary, and the S*n admitted they were wrong to print what they did. So to say that they printed the truth is argued by the Justice system it was put in front of, and I'm inclined to believe proven fact, not your opinion (when it seems you're a bit bitter about the following game).

Man of Honour
We would have won that game and im still annoyed that we lost the replay due to sympathy, in fairness we had no chance after that.

How can you even bring yourself to say such a cold hearted comment? If my memory serves me well, there was much debate whether the competition should continue but only the clubs themselves decided to continue. The football was irrelevant. If there was any that came from this tragedy and Bradford.. is that we are now able to watch a safer game where I can take my 5 year old knowing that nothing like this will happen again but it took the lives of so many for higher organisations to realise what is and what is not important.

Moving scenes at Anfield for Rafael - I've not seen that.

Permabanned
I haven't slagged you off, nor will I. Many football fans did not and still don't behave in a 'savoury' way. Point is, they were not to blame for the police mistakes that doubtless caused more deaths than was necessary, and the S*n admitted they were wrong to print what they did. So to say that they printed the truth is argued by the Justice system it was put in front of, and I'm inclined to believe proven fact, not your opinion (when it seems you're a bit bitter about the following game).

The Sun were probably wrong to print what they did, as who really wants to know the truth when 96 people have died in a tragic incident. Just as Liverpool fans dont believe they were at fault for killing at those Juventus fans... leaving families without fathers, children as orphans etc.. its not how the Scousers want the news told.

Don
I had many family and friends at Hillsborough (including ny brother) , all Forest fans, not one has ever said that anything reported by the S** had even the slightest basis in "truth"

Caporegime
I think it's time you left this thread as you only seem to be offending people

Can only voice this due to your high level of insensitivity over the matter, claiming people would be 'happy' with a certain excuse, no one will ever be happy about Hillsborough, Hysel or any other tragedy for that matter. And claiming you are still annoyed you didn't win a game because 96 people died.

If you are old enough to have witnessed that, might i suggest you grow up and act your age, football goes completely out of the window, Liverpool FC and i'm sure everyone associated with football would happily give you your win to allow those people to spend an extra few minutes with the loved ones they lost.

Caporegime
I had many family and friends at Hillsborough (including ny brother) , all Forest fans, not one has ever said that anything reported by the S** had even the slightest basis in "truth"

I had friends and family at that game too, in the crush too.

I think, if memory serves me right, they were a mix, neutrals and fans of either side.

None of them claim that the Sun had any truth in anything they said.

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but I don't buy the Sun, I'll never buy the Sun and I avoid reading it.

Permabanned
At no point have I slagged off or been disrespectful to those that died.

Thats the problem with this 'debate' as if you dont take the Liverpool point of view then automatically you are being disrespectful to the dead.

All I stated was that the way the blame is being rail roaded down peoples throats is not the way it is.. lest we forget Heysel and the 'manslaughter' of Juventus fans is all id add.

Back
Top Bottom