[POST PROCESSING] Edit the RAW thread

Associate
Looks like a cinematic dream scene. This is growing on me!

yep that was what I was aiming for - desaturated the colours, boosted the fill light etc :)

It was done in Lightroom 3. Settings were as follows

Exposure +0.69
Recovery 3
Fill Light 55
Blacks 10

Brightness +60
Contrast +50

Clarity -66
Vibrance -59
Saturation -59

Sharpening -24
Radius 1
Detail 25

Noise Reduction
Luminance 0

Last edited:
Associate
FK7CN.jpg.png

Also, damn it Raymond, after working for 5 mins on that file you're making me want to jump ship to Canon and get a 5D mkII (and it's not like I'm heavily invested in Nikon glass either)!

Associate
Have to say that the more I look at Ray's shot the more I think there is some backstory and sadness involved.

Did you have a theme for the day? I'm thinking it wasn't spur of the moment as you brought the flowers.

Soldato
Ah, I was going to leave them up for say 12 hours then take them down once those that would see them have seen them.

I don't use flickr as intensely as you guys do; it's just image sharing for me :) I'll go change the settings then. When I go to privacy all I can seem to do is change it to friends and family but I'm not sure if that's what I want? Maybe I need a pro account for that?

Last edited:
Associate
I don't use flickr as intensely as you guys do; it's just image sharing for me :) I'll go change the settings then. When I go to privacy all I can seem to do is change it to friends and family but I'm not sure if that's what I want? Maybe I need a pro account for that?

Yep that's the bit, where it says Who can see your photo - select only you for private. No need to tick the friends or family boxes. Image is hidden from public browsing on flickr but you can link to the image and post here.

Soldato
Yep that's the bit, where it says Who can see your photo - select only you for private. No need to tick the friends or family boxes. Image is hidden from public browsing on flickr but you can link to the image and post here.

Thanks, done it now :)

Back
Top Bottom