Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
ones off STW?

'Ragged' for 1 race season?
Only kidding, first reponse was "Damn it!" :p

But they are fantasitic, Ive got the rear now. Happy with my purchase.

6 rides old on a HT, one of those rides was me. It's off a mate's bike :)

Nice retro bmx at the start.
Cool schwinn in the window of the bike shop.
Comedy unicycle.

No other bikes worth mentioning? :p

He wanted the bike hung on the wall. A Transition? funky video aswell.
edit - Agree with Touch - not worth mentioning it tbh.

... not sure if you;re taking the **** out of me or not :p
For the record, if in fact you are not, it's Morewood Makulu :p

That green Muddy Fox was sweeeeet!

This I'm sure is a ****take however :D

Associate
I dont know if this has been posted in this thread before, but even if it has i think its worth revisiting.

Basically its an e-petition to have public footpaths re designated to allow bikes on them aswell, certainly where i live (on the cleveland way) i can get very disdainful looks from the ramblers as i cruise by.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/3508

Dont forget to confirm your email address otherwise your vote wont count.

Soldato
I dont know if this has been posted in this thread before, but even if it has i think its worth revisiting.

Basically its an e-petition to have public footpaths re designated to allow bikes on them aswell, certainly where i live (on the cleveland way) i can get very disdainful looks from the ramblers as i cruise by.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/3508

Dont forget to confirm your email address otherwise your vote wont count.

I can't in good faith sign that - Peds are even more vulnerable cyclists and there are far too many meat headed cyclists out there. Not a good call at all IMO.

Soldato
Fair enough, thats the beauty of free will and opinion isnt it. :)

Indeed it is! Best of luck to you... but I'd think of a compromise (assuming it doesn't exist already) under 10-12 yo allowed to use the footpath - over not. Teens/adults IMO shouldn't be able to barrel down the footpath - kids are way too unpredictable to be able to judge where they will be when a cyclist is coming at them and both pregnant women and those with prams shouldn't have to dodge cyclists either.

Soldato
6 rides old on a HT, one of those rides was me. It's off a mate's bike :)

... not sure if you;re taking the **** out of me or not :p
For the record, if in fact you are not, it's Morewood Makulu :p

This I'm sure is a ****take however :D

I wasn't, I have no idea about those bikes. :)
Remember Im a wannabe race whippet. 'wannabe' being the definitive word there.

Associate
IMG_0309.jpg

Mmm, lovely. But it doesn't have square tubes and an extra hole drilled in the swingarm (slightly squint, with your dad's black and decker and a wood drillbit) therefore not a proper DHR ;)

I can't in good faith sign that - Peds are even more vulnerable cyclists and there are far too many meat headed cyclists out there. Not a good call at all IMO.

Thing is though, you guys have an exaggerated trail contention situation, since cyclists are artificially restricted to bridleways. Widening the number of allowed trails won't increase that, or put more pedestrians "at risk", in fact it should do exactly the opposite since you'll spread the cyclists over more trails, and decreasing concentration decreases contention. It'll also decrease erosion on the bridleway network.

People said the exact same thing about the scottish right-to-roam but it's been a total success. And though obviously us scottish people are better than english people in general, I think you'd work it out ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't, I have no idea about those bikes. :)
Remember Im a wannabe race whippet. 'wannabe' being the definitive word there.
Ah, well there we go - thought there might be someone a bit confused in that reponse interaction.
In short, a propepr man-bike was on the wall, something you don't see in mainstream media.

ps: I'm trying to join your club of elite race whippets... or at least be in the "too slow to be full on DH racerbois, but too fat to be XC racers" category aka: Gravity Enduro racers next year.
Aiming to do a lot of training and give it a propper go next year :D

Ha, my SS has 160mm and stupidly wide bars up front...
Hang on, we are all referring to Cannock DH and not the XC track aren't we? Coz that's where I be going :D

Itch ywas referring to the XC... though you'd never tell that by the heafty and long-travel build he has for his skinny arse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom