Poll: ***The Official Battlefield 3 Thread***

Xbox 360 BF3 server preference

• Total voters
Soldato
last time I asked this question it was essentially slapped down by some retard, so second time lucky!

Those playing bf3, would you liken the game more like the bf3 beta for playability or more like bf:bc2? I played the bf3 beta and thought it was extremely dire, just didn't feel right at all to me. Any words of advice whether to purchase or not pretty please?

So far, it's both. It hasn't fundamentally changed much since the beta (which should come as no surprise), but Operation Metro was a terrible map as far as demonstrating the Battlefield gameplay is concerned.

If you enjoyed BC2 you'll enjoy this, just don't go into it expecting it to just be more of the same. It takes a while to adjust to the differences.

Caporegime
lThose playing bf3, would you liken the game more like the bf3 beta for playability or more like bf:bc2? I played the bf3 beta and thought it was extremely dire, just didn't feel right at all to me. Any words of advice whether to purchase or not pretty please?

Well I hated the beta. But it seems that the map they used Metro is one of the worst ones. When I started playing some of the big maps with vehicles, it just felt like Bad Company 2. It could even be Bad Company 3. I'm feeling quite at home now and think I will buy it.

Soldato
167mb Patch for xbox that must be the biggest yet...

Pah... PS3 owners are treated to MEGA patches of 1.2GB or more.. Heavy Rain and GT5, i'm looking at you..!!

Saw this game on the shelf today.... Did wonder if this would be any good but its multiplayer and I doubt I'll get enough out of it to warrarnt the asking price, plus i've heard the PS3 version is well riddled with screen tearing fps drop outs...

Head 2 head did a 360 vs PS3 and PS3 was reported to have horrendous screen tearing..!! Eck..!! Again, just what I read, but seems a shame, as apparently PS3 was meant to have the edge ?? Erm..!!

Soldato
last time I asked this question it was essentially slapped down by some retard, so second time lucky!

Those playing bf3, would you liken the game more like the bf3 beta for playability or more like bf:bc2? I played the bf3 beta and thought it was extremely dire, just didn't feel right at all to me. Any words of advice whether to purchase or not pretty please?

I think the beta was just a bad choice of map for many people so it depends on what you didn't like about it. If you like BF games inc BC2 then you'll probably like this for online. From what I played last night deathmatch needed some tweeking though as the "random" spawn points wasn't that random!

And if you want to compare single player games between BF3 and BC2 then BC2 wins I think. There's a lot of bugs I've come across so far on the PS3 that should have been corrected way before release (see my post above).

Soldato
Still trying to get used to the controls on PS3, they don't feel quite as sharp as BC2 which means my aim is all over the place.

Yes same here. A lot more jerky when shooting even with sensitivity turned down.

Also something you have to be aware off. Sometimes if you are playing a certain class ie medic and when you die and then respawn, sometimes I seem to come back as a different class. Most odd/annoying.

Soldato

That was me, only slapped ya ( not really a slap) because what do you want from these kinda questions, its literally asking people " can you tell me if I will like this game?"....well...no..sorry..we cant.

Associate
My copy arrived from Amazon this morning. Initial Impressions:

+ The audio and visuals are fantastic and the game runs very smoothly.
+ The gunplay is spot on.
+ The maps don't feel empty with 24 players; it's very easy to get into the action.
+ The inclusion of a functional server browser is fantastic with the ability to save servers to your favorites.
+ There are a lot of upgrades and unlocks to sink time into.
+ Being able to manage squads is great.
+ Battlelog

- emm...

Last edited:
Soldato
Just had a quick go and so far its ok ish. The Multiplayer graphics are a bit of a letdown it's very jaggy. Will have a better play later but so far it seems the same as bad company 2.

Associate
Just had a quick go and so far its ok ish. The Multiplayer graphics are a bit of a letdown it's very jaggy. Will have a better play later but so far it seems the same as bad company 2.

Are you kidding? The first thing I noticed after playing a lot of BC2 is how smooth the game looks in comparison. BC2 had no AA, this looks it's got 2XAA (or someone weird post processing equivalent).

Back
Top Bottom