Poll: ***The Official Battlefield 3 Thread***

Xbox 360 BF3 server preference

• Total voters
Caporegime
Yeah. For those worried that this is just Bad Company 2.5, fear not. It really is battlefield 3, the successor to BF2.

Eh? How so? This feels just like it could be Bad Company 3. (I've not played "original" Battlefield so I can only compare to BC.)

What is in this game that makes it more Battlefield than Bad Company?

Associate
Eh? How so? This feels just like it could be Bad Company 3. (I've not played "original" Battlefield so I can only compare to BC.)

What is in this game that makes it more Battlefield than Bad Company?

BF3 is a lot closer to the 'fluid' gameplay of BF2 than the 'heft' of Bad Company 2 both in terms of movement and gun play.

The maps and vehicle selection are also more in line with BF2.

Associate
Grr, all these people playing it before me! I'm picking my copy up on the way home in an hour.

I'd like to know the differences between Bad Company and the other Battlefield games. I've only played BC too.

Bad Company 2 is played on primarily small, focused maps with the emphasis on ground combat.

Battlefield 2 (and now 3) use a lot larger maps and vehicles have a more significant role. Have you ever played Frontlines?

Associate
So far only played a couple of maps on mp but it's great so far, just what I expected.

BUT! A massive issue for me as I have the 4gb slim I can't install the textures packages without a hdd. Pathetic imo. I'm gobsmacked they've done this. Not happy! :mad:

Also, when a game finishes why have i got to wait for the new one to load before i exit. I'm sure it did this in BC2, it just didn't feel like such a wait.

Associate
So far only played a couple of maps on mp but it's great so far, just what I expected.

BUT! A massive issue for me as I have the 4gb slim I can't install the textures packages without a hdd. Pathetic imo. I'm gobsmacked they've done this. Not happy! :mad:

Also, when a game finishes why have i got to wait for the new one to load before i exit. I'm sure it did this in BC2, it just didn't feel like such a wait.

Son, get yourself a harddrive!

Associate
That was me, only slapped ya ( not really a slap) because what do you want from these kinda questions, its literally asking people " can you tell me if I will like this game?"....well...no..sorry..we cant.

I thought it was a fair question, I didn't ask people if I would like it, I asked if it was more like beta or bf:bc2 thats hardly too difficult. Given the heaps of useful replies, I'd say that's decent proof it wasn't an idiotic question.

Associate

i am a fellow gypsy. can you not clear the space? i thought the textures were 1.5gb? so should fit?

Back
Top Bottom