Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dru

Dru

Associate
Whats better, flash surpressor or silencer? i like to do loners and run around with an IR vision scope and silencer, im about to unlock a flash surpressor :)

As far as I know, flash suppressor only stops the muzzle flash, but it does so without affecting damage output. Regular suppressor reduces damage but also quietens the sound and stops you appearing on the radar when you fire. (not 100% on that last bit but I think that's the case).

I find the suppressor to best in most cases as the damage reduction doesn't seem to be all that bad.

Soldato
So I can't play due to a random lock up every 10-20 mins, the game itself locks up, be it on menus or in game, the sound loops constantly and all I can do is CTRL-ALT-DEL, to end the program but the sound continues to loop after this still, which mean I have to reboot to fix this.

Only re-installed windows last week , using latest Nvidia drivers on my 570, which hasn't been overclocked.

Anyone with any similar issue that can help!

I was having the game freeze problem with looping audio so checked out the BF3 forums and found a suggested fix that worked for me, apparently it hasn't worked for everyone with the same problem but worth trying anyway, I haven't experienced one lock up since.

edit/ also using GTX 570.

Windows 7/Windows Vista 4Gig Ram
* In Windows 7/Vista go to Start menu. Go to Accessories. Locate the command prompt shortcut and hover mouse over it. Right Click on the shortcut then select Run as Administrator.
* In the command prompt type this exactly: bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500. Then hit enter.
* Make sure you get a message back confirming the change was made. To verify the entry is there you can type just bcdedit, hit enter, and you should see the entry now listed.
* Then close the command prompt. You just told Vista to increase user virtual address (userva) space to 2500MB.
* Changes take effect on reboot but don't reboot yet.

SUMMARY
We extended the user virtual address space in XP, Vista and 7 to 2500MB, so now applications can utilize up to that much if they are set to be Large Address Aware. While some 32 bit games/applications are set, Empire is not.

2) Now reboot the PC because Windows needs to set the userva at 2500 which only happens after startup.

If you skip any step it will not work. When you have rebooted you should be good to go. Run the game as normal with the original game shortcut.
TO UNDO THE CHANGES
For Vista 32 Open command prompt as administrator and type: bcdedit /deletevalue increaseuserva. That deletes the entry.
Reboot and you are back to normal.

Last edited:
Soldato
iLLMarine is on the Bonken server sitting on a hill with a chopper and using some kind of missle that can go miles - got me twice just parked up and not flying.

He came top with 24-1.

Grr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom