Plex

Soldato
It looks like there have pretty major updates to Plex overnight with new server, client and a new online portion being released.

Improvements to the client, which have been due for quite a while, supposedly include support for 10bit h.264 video.

The new release is not without issues at the moment though ... at time of writing ...
- Plex forums are throwing lots of SQL database errors preventing their use; I suspect their database backend is overloaded at the moment.
- The new my.plexapp.com site doesn't seem to be processing logins properly (for me at least). Login returns an error 500 and neither the client or server apps can login either.
- The new client has a new default theme ... whether it's themeable and the state of any themes for it I can't comment on as I can't get into the Skins portion of the forum (due to the first point above). This is a bit of a downer given I prefer to run the Aeon theme :(

At the moment I'd say it's an interesting update with some good looking features but I'd suggest leaving it for a bit before trying things out until the initial problems are smoothed out (particularly if you have a nicely set up system currently (fortunately I'm only made changes on one of my Plex systems)).

Anyone else had more success?

Back
Top Bottom