cheeky but genuine question

Soldato
The Ripley and Heanor areas of Derbyshire have some of the highest percentage of white people in the country. A couple of 'famous' white-power bands have come from there too I think.

When I taught at the local secondary school in Heanor I know that in a population of 1500 children less than 10 were of ethnic minorities.

Soldato
True - and if people want to live apart it's absolutely fine... it's just the underlying (undoubtedly tongue-in-cheek) "them and us" which I find a little bit disappointing to hear.

What really annoys me is the fact that he feels that it would benefit him to live among people with lower amounts of melanin in their skin, as if this somehow makes them more pleasant in his eyes.

Ah well, you get ignorant people in life, of all skin colours. They just need a good slap, and to be shown the error of their ways.

Soldato
Whilst the OP is undoubtedly a teensy bit racist (coloured people? really?) he's perfectly entitled to live in a community which has a similar mindset. It's the reason that multiculturalism will never truly work. Birds of a feather flock together and all that.

Back
Top Bottom