GTA V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm going to try to not get hyped about this. I loved GTA:SA, but Rockstar totally sucked the life from IV, TLAD and to a slightly lesser extent TBoGT. I still enjoyed the later games though, they just had no replay value as such. This could be epic though.

Actually, screw what I just said - I'm quietly looking forward to this. :D

Associate
Rockstar released a statement:

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.
- Rockstar Games

LINK

So it looks like it's only going to be Los Santos. Not the same as San Andreas three cities, I think that was asking a bit much of the current gen consoles.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
They say it's the largest venture for GTA yet that they have done so I can't imagine it being only one city being a problem because it's going to be bigger than any previous GTA game.

Soldato
We all have to admit.. San Andreas was just simply amazing. If it could be updated version including all of the unique features (weight gaining, jets, customisable options) it would be so awesome. I just remember driving around on SA with the cops chasing and they were slamming into central reservations and flipping off other cars. I have high hopes for this game

Caporegime
Doesn't matter if it's one city or ten, what matters is the variety and content within the sandbox.

I'm personally hoping for a greater degree of options when interacting with people that don't have set pieces or that aren't part of the main plot, chat options, 'behaviour' options, etc. At the moment you can basically either beat them up or kill them.

Soldato
If they were to add the other cities through expansion packs, perhaps connecting them up with countryside, roads and small towns inbetween, they'd really clean up.

Soldato
Since it won't be set in New York, I'm hoping they bring back the ability to fly planes. After completing SA, I spent hours just flying around, doing loop-the-loops around bridges, etc. :D

As for setting a GTA game in London, I think many gamers (especially Americans) would complain about the 'difficulty' of driving on the left.

Gux

Gux

Associate
Nice trailer but I am starting to get bored of using same locations over and over again. Give us something new to explore. Rio, London, Paris, Bangkok etc.

They really should refresh the series with a totally different location.

Soldato
^ agreed, somewhere like Bangkok would be immense, would prefer London tho, maybe Hong Kong/Japan for some real Triads vs Yakuza

Soldato
Since it won't be set in New York, I'm hoping they bring back the ability to fly planes. After completing SA, I spent hours just flying around, doing loop-the-loops around bridges, etc. :D

Absolutely, the flying challenges were brilliant!

[TW]Fox;20474943 said:
Should be more than just LA though, isn't that Yosemite National Park in the video with the hikers?

Isn't it the country part of San Andreas where Mt Chilead is?

Soldato
They say it's the largest venture for GTA yet that they have done so I can't imagine it being only one city being a problem because it's going to be bigger than any previous GTA game.

These guys did Red Dead Redemption right after GTA4. That game is maaaaaassive. They're obviously using that experience for GTA5. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom