Stuffed baked potatoes

Soldato
Had these last night, I left out the parmesan and used cheddar, as is my want. I also added some bacon.

http://www.realsimple.com/food-reci...s/baked-potato-eggs-10000000659302/index.html

Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 10m | Total Time: 1hr 15m
Ingredients
2 large baking potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 precooked turkey sausages, diced
4 large eggs
Directions
Heat oven to 400° F.
Scrub the potatoes and pierce each with the tines of a fork. Bake until fork-tender, about 45 minutes.
Carefully cut each potato in half. Scoop out the insides and stir in the butter and cheese. Fold in the sausages. Spoon the mixture back into the potato halves, creating a hollow in each center. Break 1 egg into each hollow.
Arrange on a baking sheet and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until set.

throw on some butter, and eat with beans/some cold meat it was absolutely brilliant, just happened to stumble across the concept in a cook book while I was looking for ways to jazz up said potato

Give it a try!

EDIT - Spelt the title wrong. Fail.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lactose intolerant so no cheese on mine, just butter, bacon, red onion and black pepper. Simple, effective.

2011-11-03233550.jpg

Will make for some great lunches :D
Will likely keep some for my hitch-hike this weekend (Link in sig)

The keen eyed among you will notice that there are only seven potato halves.
I left one half in the microwave and forgot about it when doing the stuffing :confused: so that made for a nice little snack

2011-11-03233558.jpg

Associate
I like baking the potatoes then cutting off the tops and scooping out the insides. I then put them in a bowl and mix in grated cheese, a bit of milk and chives, then put the mixture back in the skins, replace the lids and put them in the oven for another 15 minutes.
Yummy :)

Back
Top Bottom