Life = Ruined

Associate
OP
So she's not been sure for some time you are the one for her and the pending move to NZ forced her to decide.

Two faced cow

If you can possibly afford to make the move on your own (maybe a flat share instead of your own flat) then do it, you'll make friends faster without baggage.

Oh, obligatory "go out tonight and **** some cute rebound chick"

I was paying for the lot.
I really don't understand what girl who wouldn't like the idea of a man who has set up a flat in a place that was a 15min walk to the beach and clubbing scene and 5 minutes to the nearest mall...

Indeed I don't know what is going on with it all, it upsets me greatly. I am gunna have a nice time out tonight and put her behind me and look forward to a new place to life. At least I have had some sort of closure?

Soldato
Cannot state this enough, get that ring back. You CANNOT let her benifit at all from this situation. If she says she wants to get back together, smash her pasty, **** on her chest and tell her to do one.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm sure all of you have had your heart stampped on like this. It will take time and no doubt I will find somone else. Just it's the first time I've ever felt this gutted.

Yep, smarts, doesn't it. But you WILL get over it.

Don't become a door-mat, though. Get your ring back. Point of principle. Arrange for her mum to get it, so you can collect it from her.
Even if you sellotape it to a rocket and fire it up in the sky tomorrow night, it's better that way. Suck in the pain and square these things away.

Coming across the wounded, love-lorn hero will NOT help you in the long run, and you could well look back and wish you'd shown some cajones.

Soldato
I was paying for the lot.
I really don't understand what girl who wouldn't like the idea of a man who has set up a flat in a place that was a 15min walk to the beach and clubbing scene and 5 minutes to the nearest mall...

Indeed I don't know what is going on with it all, it upsets me greatly. I am gunna have a nice time out tonight and put her behind me and look forward to a new place to life. At least I have had some sort of closure?

All I'll say is, get ready for her to start talking to you soon and let off the good ol' female "I'm sorry it had to be this way, but I've been so scared and confused. I DO STILL love you, blah blah blah."

Don't let her play you with it. They all do it, but just keep your head and tell her to jog on. She's lost her chance.

Soldato
If she had to rely on her mother to tell you then you have got out very luckily indeed quite frankly! Just think if you had got married to her if thats her attitude. It won't be easy for a while, but its surely for the best. One day I think you will agree.

Soldato
From the sound of things, you're going places in life (literally), forget her and move on, try picking up a native in NZ instead.

Best of luck to you.

Associate
Its easy for everyone to say, Get on with it and just go to NZ. In reality its not as easy as that. Your last question was asking, that moving on will give you closure. It wont. You will not get closure doing this If you love her. IF You truly do love her, you need to show it to her. You have nothing to lose now by trying to give everything to get her back IF she is worth it. To me it sounds like she does not want to go to NZ and you do. And if she told you that it would break you up because your set on it.
Giver her time, talk to her gradually. But be prepared that IF you do really love her, you need to give up your dream of NZ for quite some time. If your not prepared to give it up, you dont love her as much as you thought and you might as well get on with it and go ASAP.

I know its against the usual Dump her, what a bitch, go out bang pasty etc, but none of that really helps, maybe she has a genuine reason why she didnt want to tell you herself.

Soldato
Best time for it to happen (if there is one), you have the makings of a new life set up waiting for you, a whole new group of people to meet and get to know and more free un tied time to do it in.

All in all id say she is the one that is loosing out the most so with that in mind try and put her behind you, she will regret it in the future of that im sure.

Oh get the bloody ring back.

Back
Top Bottom