• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Eyefinity and BF3

Associate
Just thought I'd cross-post my progress from the BF3 forums.

--

First of all my spec:

3x1920x1080 monitors in 3x1 config - total res of 5760x1080 (plus bezel adjustment).

2xATI 6950 unlocked and clocked to 6970 and in CrossFire.

So the issues I had were:

1) HUD was off screen
2) Icons not showing or being stretched
3) Distorted view in side monitors
4) Performance
5) Screen tearing

How I fixed:

1) Searched forums and found this: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347725965062/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

the 30 value worked for me

2) Followed the workaround in here: http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/nvidia_surround_and_eyefinity_issues? [getsatisfaction.com]

3) Set the FOV value as low as it can go. This is because the screen is much much wider but no taller. All about ratios.

4) Dropped everything to High and turned off motion blur and MSAA - you could use Morph AA (in CCC) also in CCC turned everything to performance.

5) Enabled VSync

I hope this helps. I only setup my Eyefinity today and it has blown my little mind!!

Caporegime
The most annoying thing is they were showing bf3 off on surround and eyefinity setups before launch, yet nobody at dice noticed these issues? They were obvious during the beta on caspian border, they were reported yet the game comes out and dice act surpised like they have never heard of these issues before. :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
I find the FOV stuff reduces the bloom effect. But it's not a 100% fix.

It's the way the renderer works I'm guessing and it just can't real with the mega aspect ratio.

You can crank it right down by editing the config file.

Edit: by FOV I mean the vertical FOV. I had it down at 21 and it corrected the stretching on the sides but with the major drawback that it looked like playing through a letter box. I think it's just a matter of balance/preference but they do need to sort the bloom effect - it is daft on the Peak map when in a chopper.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
About 40fps in BF3 in Eyefinity using the settings described above - that is measured using the Render.DrawFps 1 command in the console.

I don't get microstutter in BF3 but it is really bad in ArmA2:OA.

The monitor that is connected via Display Port has pretty bad tearing but I stick that on the left so it is only in my peripheral vision.

Soldato
Figured it out - must be trifire

The overlayenable feature allows you to track the "collaboration" between your CPU and GPU

For 1920x, everything is fine
For 6048x, OMG!

Untitled-24.png

Can someone else - Gerard/Daniel - apply this console command and let me know results?

Deleted member 115712

D

Deleted member 115712

That is an amazing setup you got there. Hopefully next year I will also take the plunge into eyefinity. Quick question do you see any graphically errors with BF3?

Soldato
Hey dude! BF3 eyefinity doesn't really perform well mate. Stuttering :( I can pin it down to crossfire microstuttering!!

Single screen, maxed - ultra, 170fps+
Eyefinity, high/ultra - 70fps but stutters like a mofo

See above.

But for ALL other games - such as Metro, Rage, BFBC2, Batman, AVP - eyefinity looks awesome!

Soldato
I haven't even tried to run BF3 in surround mode, it uses all my VRAM on one screen. If I had 3GB cards I would do it.

I think the problem I face may be a VRAM one. Despite having 6GB, each GPU only 'sees' 2GB.

I have been fiddling with renderdevice.forcerenderaheadlimit 1 - seems to work

Back
Top Bottom