Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Well I have to say, Been playing since release.

First day or two I was really fixed, Loved everything about the game! Amazing gfx, great sound. But now, Its just boring, same old crap. I think the honeymoon period has warn off and i've seen it for what it is! A bit poo :(

I'm a massive Battlefield fan, Love all of them, inc Bfbc2 but this, its just...... ****

Maybe try and get together with some of the ocuk guys and try working a proper side? I'd be hating the game right now if i didn't have people on vent playing with me as random matches stink to high heaven.

Associate
Am I the only one who finds Conquest a bit dull? It's just a disorganised mess without much purpose to it. Discovered Squad Rush today and have to say it is so much better. Looking forward to that new mode they will introduce in December.

Associate
Well I have to say, Been playing since release.

First day or two I was really fixed, Loved everything about the game! Amazing gfx, great sound. But now, Its just boring, same old crap. I think the honeymoon period has warn off and i've seen it for what it is! A bit poo :(

I'm a massive Battlefield fan, Love all of them, inc Bfbc2 but this, its just...... ****

I agree, the game just doesn't seem to have much to it. After you have unlocked all of the novelty weapons and items, and after you have played through all of the maps for 5-10 hours each... you discover there's not much finesse or refinement to the gameplay. BF2 kept me hooked for 1500hours+ because there was so much to learn and because you could almost 'record' your continual improvement and skill increase. With BF3 I get the feeling that I have pretty much topped out on the (non-existent) skillcurve now that I have the night-vision scope and half an iota of common sense. Doesn't seem like there's much else to do.

Associate
Well I've come back from the football and reinstalled BF3, still the same messages. Trying to get through on battlelog and that tells me Origin isnt installed, so I tried reinstalling that. Still no dice. Now on the online chat to EA Support who are about the slowest chat support to respond EVER. I think they go out for a cigarette between each message they send.

Soldato
I agree, the game just doesn't seem to have much to it. After you have unlocked all of the novelty weapons and items, and after you have played through all of the maps for 5-10 hours each... you discover there's not much finesse or refinement to the gameplay. BF2 kept me hooked for 1500hours+ because there was so much to learn and because you could almost 'record' your continual improvement and skill increase. With BF3 I get the feeling that I have pretty much topped out on the (non-existent) skillcurve now that I have the night-vision scope and half an iota of common sense. Doesn't seem like there's much else to do.

Hmmm I am sort of feeling the same aswell. The game somehow feels empty even though action is great.

I have never played BF2 but have experience of BF2142. This game had a great sense of communication. I guess the poor commorose in BF3 isn't helping at all in delivering messages to team mates :(.

Associate
So i reinstalled the game today, and my performance has dropped by around 50% anyone else getting this?

I could pretty much run it at 60fps constantly now it's more like 30..Theres been a patch since release right?

Associate
This is probably the most infuriating online play I've ever experienced

Shooting people but they just dont die but a couple of return shots insta-kill me
Shot and killed through solid concrete cover
Teamplay - Everyone is just mindlessly running around playing whack-a-mole with the cap points. No squad corordination at all.
Campers. rpgs etc

I haven't experienced any real tech issues like crashing etc If I had then this would be uninstalled by now.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah it is quite infuriating when you feel insta-killed with zero time to react, chances are this is just a headshot, unless there's issues with lag that cause this effect?

It is starting to feel over time that only 10% of the matches have any real elements of teamplay in them, and for half that time it only exists on the opposite team so it's about 1 in 20 matches I find myself in a team/squad that has any weight of teamplay about it, people seem to get caught up in mini-battles where they spawn and rush to the same point to battle it out some more, completely forgetting about the objectives, as long as they score points, what does it matter if we win or lose :(

Then there's the ripping of snipers as it's the newest and coolest thing to do. If I choose to be a sniper on the attacking team in a game of Rush, it's so that I can stop defenders from defusing the MCOM stations after being set, yet no one tries to plant the damn things and instead lay into the few snipers in the team while completely ignoring the concept of attacking the MCOMs. Hopefully it'll get a little better as time goes on.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nope, one small one that changed next to nothing around the american release and nothing since. Been updates to battlelog but nothing for the game itself.

The game had a built in day 1 patch on launch. For origin downloaders it came with the game, anyone that managed to install it from disc had to dload it.

Last edited:
Associate
This is probably the most infuriating online play I've ever experienced

Shooting people but they just dont die but a couple of return shots insta-kill me
Shot and killed through solid concrete cover
Teamplay - Everyone is just mindlessly running around playing whack-a-mole with the cap points. No squad corordination at all.
Campers. rpgs etc

I haven't experienced any real tech issues like crashing etc If I had then this would be uninstalled by now.

Play a 32 players rush server and you'll have a more controlled and solid experience.

Associate
life is what you make it and yes it's more of the same... didnt you love it with new maps and how good it looked.

i find the choppers slow and most of the game is cool... need more maps/tdm/hq/ctf... or is it the new cod???

Soldato
Well I have lost all my vehicle and class specific unlocks ffs.
Contacted EA chat and they say they have had some server troubles waiting for the team to get back to me, flipping irate :) 44 hours put in and had all jet unlocks and all but one tank unlock. My rank, general and specialization unlocks are all intact.
Not playing the game untill I get his sorted. Ridiculous.

Associate
I'm thinking of getting a joystick for this. I don't seem to have the accuracy on the xbox pad when chasing someone close (i.e. gunning down another jet) and i find using mouse a pain in the butt because as it does not self centre i am forever lifting my mouse up and down.

Can anyone recommend a decent cheap joystick. The Logitech Extreme 3d Pro looks alright http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/gaming/joysticks/devices/291

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting a joystick for this. I don't seem to have the accuracy on the xbox pad when chasing someone close (i.e. gunning down another jet) and i find using mouse a pain in the butt because as it does not self centre i am forever lifting my mouse up and down.

Can anyone recommend a decent cheap joystick. The Logitech Extreme 3d Pro looks alright http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/gaming/joysticks/devices/291

Will be interesting to see how joystick performs? :)

As you mentioned lack of accuracy on controller pad and movement troubles with mouse which I find aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom