Best looking game relative to release date?

Soldato
FarCry is well up there. I just love that game.

One game that really stands out for me and one that just blew me away when it came out was Gran Turismo on the PS1. The visuals of the cars on the replays was nothing short of mind blowing at the time. Nothing came anywhere near as close.

Soldato
for me it was GTA vice city - i know it wasnt that good, but it was the proper game i really played and i couldnt believe the graphics - i was used to stuff like tetris :p

wnb

wnb

Soldato
At the time I thought Tomb Raider looked good especialy on my new 3dfx card, also a thubs up for Forsaken and Unreal.

Soldato
my vote goes to Far Cry and Crysis. Crytek are always top trumps when it comes to pushing the boundries in my opinion.

though for consoles Metal Gear Solid II, was a massive enormous leap from the first game and Killzone II, what the? a PS3 game that stamps all over most PC games, how is this possible?! :eek:

Soldato
Crysis, 4 years on and it's still arguably the best looking game out.

4 years is an unbelievably long time for any PC game to last, seeing as new generations of hardware typically come out every year or so...

Soldato
Quake 3, Unreal and an honourable mention to Half-Life (when I had a 3D card powerful enough to run it in hardware, as opposed to software on a P166 MMX and S3 Virge PCI).

Back
Top Bottom