red faction guerrilla

Associate
One of the best games of 2009, and one of the best sandbox games ever made. The combat is amazing. Booted it up a few months ago and it still looks great today :D

Man of Honour
It is great fun bringing down buildings, but it gets very boring, very quickly. No idea why I thought the sequel would be any better either - because it isn't.

Associate
It's repetitive, you have to play it in small chunks, certainly, but it's a fantastic game.

The second one. The devs weren't allowed to make the sequel a sandbox, the publisher stepped in, they wanted to make a linear shooter that would appeal more to morons/console gamers as the first one didn't sell great.

They had a great multiplayer lined up too and had to drop it, replace it with the crap we got.

The second game was a weak game but it was totally saved by it's combat, it's the only thing they were allowed to do so they concentrated on making it great, the enemies dart about and flank you and it's challenging and exciting.

guerilla, excellent game
armageddon, average game with good combat. Also the second game has the ludicrously low fov of 45, a third party hack fixed it but I think since it was patched it no longer works, so I can't recommend it to anyone.

Soldato
Gameplay get's a little repetitive but acceptable given just how immense the sandbox side of it is. The physics and destruction levels put games like BC2 and BF3 to shame - they seem almost scripted in comparison. It's pretty underrated in my opinion.

There's nothing like putting explosives in just the right places so that a tower tips over into another building or taking a giant mechwalker for stroll in a heavily populated enemy base. :D

Back
Top Bottom