Time Machine on Lion

Associate
Hi Peeps,

We have our macs backing up via time machine, to and AFP share, a couple of users have upgraded to Lion, which broke compatibility with netatalk 2.0.

I managed to use

Code:
defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes 1
To get it to see the AFP drive for restoring backups, however when you go to add a new disk for new backups it will only let you use AirPort?! We only use wired connections! doh, what is going on here! I'm no expert on OSX so if someone here has any bright ideas they will win an internet! :)

Thanks.

Associate
Isn't this something to do with Lion and only specific types of network drives (just Time Capsules) and disabled using TMB on any regular network shares.. can the other Macs that aren't on Lion still connect for new backups?

Soldato
Guys

I've installed an SSD into my Macbook 3.1 now for some reason it didn't pickup my external drive to time machine everything back? So I've booted into the OS how do I now force a full restore from time machine or is this not possible?

I can see the external drive now I'm in the OS but can't work out how to restore as I'm used to it give me the option at the very start and doing it all from then?

Thanks

Mart

Associate
Guys

I've installed an SSD into my Macbook 3.1 now for some reason it didn't pickup my external drive to time machine everything back? So I've booted into the OS how do I now force a full restore from time machine or is this not possible?

I can see the external drive now I'm in the OS but can't work out how to restore as I'm used to it give me the option at the very start and doing it all from then?

Thanks

Mart

Have you tried restarting your Mac and pressing Command + R?

Soldato
You need an up-to-date version of netatalk that supports the new Lion way of doing things.

I think my NAS is running 2.2.6 final, but anything below (I think) 2.1 does NOT support Lion and TM Shares.

Back
Top Bottom