First game ever played you were impressed with?

Associate
Space Invaders on the old table top machine in Trebanos Working Men's Social Club. 1p a game, but the older boys hogged the machine, so we used to stand around for hours watching them beat each other's high score. The old men used to tut in the corner about "bleeding beeping noises" and Margaret Thatcher!!!

Caporegime
PC -Ultima Underworld - Me and my mate played it non stop for a weekend keeping ourselves alive on a combination of delivered pizzas, booze and drugs.

However, before then it had to be Elite on the BBC Micro.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Love that game to bits never put it down made sure I got every single Chaos Emerald to get super sonic. Good times.

For the PC Red Alert. I was amazed by the graphics at the time :eek:

Associate
Chucky Egg springs to mind on the BBC Micro but there were several arcade ports that were good to play. Revs and Aviator were also up there too along with the obvious BBC hit Elite. Couldn't put those in to any real chronological order to say which was first :(

Soldato
Pc - Age of Empires at my dads old office

Console - Goldeneye! Years of not really being into consoles turned the day I played it the first time and was amazed, even my dad was on christmas when I got one :)

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom