Travelling - Australia/New Zealand

Associate
So I plan on going travelling next year. I will be visiting the east/west coast of Australia and try and do all of New Zealand. What are the must dos and the must do nots! If you have been to either of these beautiful countries before I would appreciate a heads up.

Soldato
Buy a car, it will give you more freedom than anything else you can do. All cars with registration (road tax) are covered by the national thrid party insurance.

edit: this is essential if you want to work in a ski resort btw, public tranport is not satisfactory for that type of work.

Man of Honour
Rent a car because then you can drive something nice and not worry about fixing a broken car.

I drove 6000 miles from Melbourne right the way up to Port Douglas, via Adelaide. It was amazing.

Soldato
In NZ get one of the many coach operators that tour the islands. Stray, Magic etc. Hope on/off when you want, stay as long as you want. They all go to the same places.

Or get a campervan and share with some people and then try and sell it at the end of the trip.

NZ has tonnes of stuff to do.

edit: Photos folder of all the places I went to. There was a whole lot more individually named places but the general names are here:

travels.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom