The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Permabanned
Alt tab works - you just need to Alt tab back to the game TWICE in a row to get it working again.

Or select it on the task bar then alt tab to it.

Permabanned
I managed to get alt-tab working, if it helps, and assuming it'll work for you too.

1. Alt tab out of the game
2. Click on the icon in the task bar and you'll get a black bordered screen
3. Press alt tab again to shift focus to something else, but black screen stays on
4. Click the icon in the bar again and it'll go back to the game
Sort of what i've been doing except i just hit the windows key after going back in then click the mouse anywhere on the screen.

Soldato
Odd question, but does it Feel like Morrowind use to Feel?

What I'm getting at is: I loved Morrowind, it was dark and grizzly and dirty.
Oblivion felt far to shiny and smooth - like a cartoon almost...
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. My first impression (on the way to execution) was how similar it felt to Morrowind. I much prefer the 'dirty' look, it's way more realistic and atmospheric than the shiny 'plastic' look.

Associate
Just popped to the shops to see if I could pick up a copy for my son who's gonna be sooo disappointed with SimplyGames' amazing pre order facilities.

No way was I gonna pay £35 (might have done it for £30 but not £35)...he'll just have to wait & whinge :mad:

Associate
Loving the game but sadly this feels more and more like a con port. The game is not even close to the scale of oblivion, comparing map locations and walk times. Also seems to be a lot less dungeons to explore. Also seems to be a lot less quests to do.

btw anyone know a fix for a bug you leave a building and fps plummits. Restarting game fixes it but annoying bug.

Last edited:
Soldato
Where can I find the conjurer trainer at the college of Winterhold?

Edit

Found him walking along the wall (bit you walk along to get to the college from Winterhold)

Last edited:
Associate
Loving the game but sadly this feels more and more like a con port. The game is not even close to the scale of oblivion, comparing map locations and walk times. Also seems to be a lot less dungeons to explore. Also seems to be a lot less quests to do.

I've been waiting to hear a comment like this. It's 2011 and it's still happening. We suffer from the same grief with BF3 :(

Man of Honour

There are a lot more quests if you look. I prefer the dungeons, at least this time they are all unique!

Man of Honour
I wouldn't post spoilers in here...

Though we do have spoiler tags now, so I guess it doesn't matter! :)

Like so -

OMG DRAGONS

Soldato
Is this game worthy of the Bollocking I will get from my Wife ?

Hahahah. Ditto!

Mind you, I'm just scared to buy it because she saw me browsing Steam the other night and was all "Skyrim? Is that a new... Elder... Scrolls, is it? Like Oblivion? I remember you playing that..."

I replied in the positive and got a "Oh, that's good... looks nice..."

Wonder what I'm getting for Christmas... :p

Back
Top Bottom