Samsung Galaxy Note: 5.3", 1200x800 SuperAMOLED, S-PEN stylus, 2500mAh attery... *phew*

Caporegime
OP
Sure the screen is larger and HD but it is still AMOLED so if it is black it uses less power - so I don't think the power usage is that much higher than a 4.5 inch Galaxy S II like they have in the US.

Lets be clear EVERY smartphone be it an iPhone or an Android phone has terrible battery life - if you use them from 9am until 9pm for more than just checking the odd e-mail they will DIE... The HTC Titan has the best battery life of any phone I have tried or used recently and that has a 4.7inch screen... and that is with an Evo 3D 1730mAh battery inside it.

This Note will easily last a full day of usage which is a huge benefit.

Simply not true. My SGS II would last well over 24 hours with email checking, bit of surfing, the odd call. My ZTE Blade last a full day of casual Wifi browsing, an hour of ereading, constant Facebook and email upd even then usually has juice to spare.

Man of Honour
You really can't be using it much then - there is NO way that my iPhone 4S could last 24 hours without a charge on moderate usage. So either you have everything turned off or you don't use it much or you have a magic iPhone :p

Even Apple don't rate it that long... I am not saying I don't believe you but I have had more phones in the last 2 months than any normal person and none of them with the exception of the Titan have lasted a whole day of my usage and as excited as I am about the Nexus I expect that to be the same situation.

(for the record, iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, HTC Sensation, Sensation XL, XE, Titan, Evo 3D, LG Optimus 3D, Nexus S, Dell Venue Pro, Samsung Omnia 7, Galaxy S II, Ace and Fit)

I currently own a lot more phones than you, but let's not get into that. :p

I'd say I have the screen on approximately an hour and a half or so per day (on average) on the iPhone 4, and it will easily go 2 days, and a third if I allow the battery to drop low. It's able to play video for the best part of 8 hours solid and it hardly loses any charge at idle.

I can only assume you have several push email accounts running and a lot of other things on regular sync, which would cause poor battery life like you describe.

The same applies to the Galaxy S II to a lesser extent, it will go 2 days without much trouble under moderate use.

If you're sat with the screen on all day, then yeah, it's going to drop extremely quickly but the same will apply to the Note.

Man of Honour
phone just landed, next day from gum mobile.... what a amazing bit of kit. it's all about the screen, nothing comes close to this.

those who have mentioned lag, it feels twice as quick coming from a custom sense 3 desire hd, very very impressed

Soldato
I thought I'd pop into my local cpw today to hopefully see this beast for real and get some idea about the size and the screen. Unfortunately though, they had never heard of the Galaxy Note. The guy checked on the system for me and goes are you sure it's called the Galaxy Note, he couldn't find any trace of it and said no cpw in Manchester will have it. What can you say to that? lol.

Man of Honour
I thought I'd pop into my local cpw today to hopefully see this beast for real and get some idea about the size and the screen. Unfortunately though, they had never heard of the Galaxy Note. The guy checked on the system for me and goes are you sure it's called the Galaxy Note, he couldn't find any trace of it and said no cpw in Manchester will have it. What can you say to that? lol.

"Maybe you should get a job that you are remotely ****ing interested in, you useless tool."

Then make a swift exit.

Soldato
Props to the guy I spoke to in P4U Brent X today. He was very enthusiastic and reasonably knowledgeable on phones. I asked what he knew about the Nexus, he said not much but did I know about the Note, so I pulled mine out and I think he might have orgasm'd! We had quite a chat.

Associate
Samsung are just confusing us all with the Note and now the Nexus as well.

Samsung the Note would be out on the 3rd in Phones4u, Carphone Warehouse and O2.

As we all know O2 are not stocking it and the other two places only seem to have them in major cities like London and in very limited stock.

Not to mention the Note had its date moved many times - Gummobile who I trust and I have talked about before had the original date for 31st October for the Note - it then moved to 17th November and then back to the 5th November but in the end they had it in stock on the 3rd BEFORE the street date.

So it seems that the only way to see a Note is in London and the only way to know when the Nexus is out is when someone sees it in a store or as in stock online!

Soldato
Asked in the T Mobile shop a couple of days ago regarding the Note and the so called store manager didn't even know it existed. Shambles.

Soldato
Asked in the T Mobile shop a couple of days ago regarding the Note and the so called store manager didn't even know it existed. Shambles.

I've had a similar experience in a CPW, back when I was looking for Desire HD's. I can understand why some kid who just works there to get some pocket money doesn't know about the latest phones, but surely managers should?!!?

Soldato
I've had a similar experience in a CPW, back when I was looking for Desire HD's. I can understand why some kid who just works there to get some pocket money doesn't know about the latest phones, but surely managers should?!!?

You would have thought so, she was however late 30's early 40's. I would say she is the typical mangement type but has no idea about the things her company sells.

When I asked about the Nexus at the same time she didn't really know much about that either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom