Postage/Courier companys and "Buisness days"

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
I've never heard or seen a saturday delivery option! :eek:
I am in the land that just can't seem to get express post right though. Packages can get from america to australia on a day and then the seem to just sit at the depot for half a week!

Man of Honour
In the UK most places will do Saturday deliveries, you just have to pay extra for it (fair enough).

I've taken to getting stuff delivered to work now, not had any problems as yet.

Caporegime
I'd wager they wouldn't, given that for most people they will be at work and unable to receive their package. What with Mon-Fri being business days and all.

ocuk should post the stats on how many people opt for weekend delivery compared to people who dont :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

i'd wager most people would prefer a thurs/friday delivery so they can sleep in late on satuday morning not worrying about missing a courier

This makes no sense.. most people work mon - fri, so would opt for a saturday delivery if it costs the same :p

Man of Honour
ocuk should post the stats on how many people opt for weekend delivery compared to people who dont :p
The current stats wouldn't tell you a great deal, given that people's choices as things stand are driven largely by cost.
A survey asking customers what they would choose if the two delivery options were identically priced would be of far more use.

Soldato
i'd wager most people would prefer a thurs/friday delivery so they can sleep in late on satuday morning not worrying about missing a courier

i prefer a Monday/Tuesday delivery.

and what's this "sleep in late" thing you speak of ?

cant remember the last time i had 8 hours :(

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Saturday isn't a business day (for the majority of the world - there are exceptions). That's just convention unfortunately.

I dont know about the world but in this country is that still true? I guess it depends on what you define as business day. Shops are open at the weekend, hospitals, gyms, care homes, pubs, clubs, resteraunts etc and their are lot more business that are open. Are banks open on a Saturday?

Caporegime
The current stats wouldn't tell you a great deal, given that people's choices as things stand are driven largely by cost.
A survey asking customers what they would choose if the two delivery options were identically priced would be of far more use.
most would probably choose week day delivery with the option to pick up the package from the depot rather than it beeing delivered to an address

order on a weds/thurs night and pop down to the depot on saturday morning :p

Soldato
I dont know about the world but in this country is that still true? I guess it depends on what you define as business day. Shops are open at the weekend, hospitals, gyms, care homes, pubs, clubs, resteraunts etc and their are lot more business that are open. Are banks open on a Saturday?

Aside from Hospitals and Care Homes, which always have to be open, everything else you've mentioned is somewhat based around entertainment and relies on people being off work for the weekend to be customers in order for them to make money.

Business that aren't in such sectors though are unlikely to be working outside of Monday-Friday.

Back
Top Bottom