** CHILDREN IN NEED - "JUST GIVING" MAKE YOUR DONATIONS PLEASE - OcUK **

Soldato
I don't think that OcUK are doing it for promotional reasons, I think that they are just trying to popularise the cause. If one person donates who wouldn't otherwise because they saw it on here then it's a success.
If it wasn't for promotional reasons, there would be no collective Just Giving page with OcUK's name on it. Instead, there would just be the existing banners linking directly to Children In Need.

Permabanned
a12.jpg

Surely this is a case of everyone else raising the money and OcUK taking the glory?

Soldato
a12.jpg

Surely this is a case of everyone else raising the money and OcUK taking the glory?

I don't think there is any glory?

As far as I'm concerned, if more people donate because it's an "OcUK thing" then that's a good thing. Who cares who gave what or what name is on the page.

It's not like they're going to get to go on stage and hand over a massive cheque or anything.

Soldato
I don't think there is any glory?

As far as I'm concerned, if more people donate because it's an "OcUK thing" then that's a good thing. Who cares who gave what or what name is on the page.

It's not like they're going to get to go on stage and hand over a massive cheque or anything.

So why not just promote it and give the link to the direct donation page? Because it's a shameless PR exercise.

Godfather
Godfather
So why not just promote it and give the link to the direct donation page? Because it's a shameless PR exercise.
I agree we should have linked direct to the donation page, but this wasn't a PR exercise, it was just an innocent mistake.

Anyway here's the link - http://www.justgiving.com/Overclockers-UK

We are only at 16% of our target. There's a long way to go. Please donate what you can to this truly good cause :)

EDIT: Banner link is now being fixed

Soldato
Associate
or maybe ocuk is leveraging the community spirit to encourage donations? I agree the breakdown of the donation amount mentioned in a previous post should be in the OP, maybe ocuk could explicitly state a donation of 6.3% of £3000 (£189) to alleviate concerns of profiteering.

Soldato
or maybe ocuk is leveraging the community spirit to encourage donations? I agree the breakdown of the donation amount mentioned in a previous post should be in the OP, maybe ocuk could explicitly state a donation of 6.3% of £3000 (£189) to alleviate concerns of profiteering.

No need to set-up a Just Giving page if that's the case.

Associate
No need to set-up a Just Giving page if that's the case.

I take your point, I was only suggesting the possibility that having a ocuk donation page may encourage some to donate where otherwise they may not when just seeing a link to the official donation page on the website. I feel I have to qualify myself a little, I donate every year and watch the show every year, most people I know do neither - if, through some community they belong to, are encouraged to donate, then it's more money for the kids.

Permabanned
I agree we should have linked direct to the donation page, but this wasn't a PR exercise, it was just an innocent mistake.

Anyway here's the link - http://www.justgiving.com/Overclockers-UK

We are only at 16% of our target. There's a long way to go. Please donate what you can to this truly good cause :)

EDIT: Banner link is now being fixed

Everyone else is donating, not really OcUK bar a few staff, why don't you double the final sum?

Godfather
Godfather
or maybe ocuk is leveraging the community spirit to encourage donations?
Exactly.

Some of you really take the biscuit. It's a charity we at OcUK believe in, and we'd like your help to raise some money. If you don't want to donate, that's your choice, but to question our motives is really very sad indeed.

Permabanned
Exactly.

Some of you really take the biscuit. It's a charity we at OcUK believe in, and we'd like your help to raise some money. If you don't want to donate, that's your choice, but to question our motives is really very sad indeed.

Then why don't OcUK as a company make a donation?

Back
Top Bottom