H100 owners, intake or exhaust ?

Associate
Watched TTL review of this cooler and he set it up as exhaust. Corsair recommends in their set up video as intake.

If you have the H100, which direction are you running?

At present I'm running it in a Haf-X as intake with 140mm rear fan as exhaust. Performance is pretty good.

Associate
I have mine as exhaust through the roof, and am very happy with the performance. Idle's at 45 degrees and peaks at 70 when playing Battlefield 3. I leave the H100 at setting 2 all of the time.

I have 1 intake fan on the front and 1 on the side.

Exhaust fan on the back and H100 through the roof.

Spec in sig.

Soldato
Best performance will (almost)always come from setting it up as intake - simply because you want to coolest air flowing over the Radiator to get the best cooling. If your GFX card is air cooled then you have to balance the need for the best CPU cooling against the added heat in the case heating up your card.

Associate
OP
Well, my card is aftermarket cooled and doesn't get anywhere near as hot as a 470 does without it (still can't emphasise how much to people how much the green zalman coolers do for the 400 series)

got a 140 mm exhaust, cpu underload at 4Ghz reaches mid 50's with the H100.

Just being a straight thinking bloke, heat rising at all that, I wondered if everyone else was doing it different.

Associate
I have intakes setup like this

h100_fan_setup.png

Seems to give the best temps and a nice vacuum effect.

Soldato
That's probably the most efficient setup you'll get without some fancy ducting - gives a nice positive overpressure to avoid dusk build up as well :p

Back
Top Bottom