Tommy Robinson (EDL) punched in the face

Permabanned
Thought that video showed the EDL in a good light - at least the EDL fella tried to articulate his arguments. The Muslim fella confirmed what I suspect about the Sharia law mobs in the UK. Sneaky punch too.

"I stand for integration. I don't stand for paedophilic ******* practices, bruv"

How can you integrate and generalise and offend in absolute terms about those who would be integrating anyway?

Articulate? Brain fart more like.

Shame on you either way.

Caporegime
LMAO are you on drugs or something??..what makes his arguements articulate exactly??...are you seriously suggesting that innit and bruv are the best ways to be articulate?? :/

Well it's better than repeatedly asking "What do you stand for?" and then the mega :rolleyes: "You're a racist". He didn't have to resort to violence to support his argument either.

Permabanned
Heavy handed as in bringing more people?

Heavy handed as in getting arrested and breaching the peace.

Like what?

How about the fact that the Qu'ran and Hadith can be interpreted to mean imposing Sharia and Jihad on unbelievers? Everything Bin Laden orchestrated was justified by his religion. It's a grey area and I do not want to go to war with Islam or anything like that, but the fact remains that people do interprete their religious texts in worrying ways.

The same can almost be said for fundamentalist Christianity, but it doesn't have quite the political demands as fundamentalist Islam. Can Islam go through an enlightenment period and make it as relatively benign as Christianity? I'm not so sure.

Mooooslamic and Iraqi laws? ;)

The Islamists calling for Sharia in this country, I think they're a joke personally, but swell their numbers and they look less of one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why isn't it working?

Because instead of a multicultural society where people integrate all that has happened (in some areas), is minorities have created their own little micro communities. A bit like the poms in Perth.

Their shops are aimed at a certain culture, they bought large swathes of housing and won't sell any of these to any other culture than their own, they won't hire anyone from a different culture and they tend to breed hatred towards anyone from a different culture. Racism is a two way thing and driving through some areas round here you can at times be fearful.

Caporegime
Everything Bin Laden orchastrated was justified by his religion.

No it wasnt...not in a million yrs, he just interpreted it and used it for his own agenda and needs which these radicals and terrorists do as well. If what you say is correct then surely me as a muslim, should be out there carrying attacks out against the West right??....as i follow the same sort of islam that bin laden and his cronies do but the massive difference is that i know what my religion says regarding these particular verses and Hadiths;)....plus coupled with the fact that my imam/priest is not one of these extremists who preaches nothing but death and destruction upon the unbelievers etc etc.

Permabanned
Heavy handed as in getting arrested and breaching the peace.

As do the EDL in places?

Where it is a sterile environment, the only complaint can be more people.

How about the fact that the Qu'ran and Hadith can be interpreted to mean imposing Sharia and Jihad on unbelievers? Everything Bin Laden orchestrated was justified by his religion. It's a grey area and I do not want to go to war with Islam or anything like that, but the fact remains that people do interprete their religious texts in worrying ways.

And "we" have never done the same?

People can make anything mean near enough anything, it isn't exclusive by any stretch of the imagination.

The same can almost be said for fundamentalist Christianity, but it doesn't have quite the political demands as fundamentalist Islam. Can Islam go through an enlightenment period and make it as relatively benign as Christianity? I'm not so sure.

Yes there is no difference in my mind. I think it impossible while there is constant war and interference into Muslim regions. We had the USA, which reminds me of your other avatar, which went to war with a leader who talked to God. As did we.

Hypocrisy much?

The Islamists calling for Sharia in this country, I think they're a joke personally, but swell their numbers and they look less of one.

Perhaps, but they are a minority and more than likely will remain a minority.

Permabanned
Because instead of a multicultural society where people integrate all that has happened (in some areas), is minorities have created their own little micro communities. A bit like the poms in Perth.

That is poor implimentation in some areas. It does not mean the concept is flawed.

Their shops are aimed at a certain culture, they bought large swathes of housing and won't sell any of these to any other culture than their own, they won't hire anyone from a different culture and they tend to breed hatred towards anyone from a different culture. Racism is a two way thing and driving through some areas round here you can at times be fearful.

My god, you describe the Costa Del Sol so brilliantly.

Soldato
I initially thought someone had bitch-slapped Tony Robinson, a fatal mistake.

I mean seriously, would you risk incurring the wrath of a man who really knows how to bury **** deep, so deep in fact that I don't think even his descendants would recognise their great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather's handiwork when they find the badly mutilated skeletons in a mass grave sometime in the distant future while shooting an episode of Timeteam?

Permabanned
Your belief system just stems from how your Imam interprets it and teaches it to you, sadly.

It is not only that, there are political, cultural and environental factors to consider also.

Be careful not to confuse Militant Islamism which is a new political movement (about 100 years old) with Islam which is a religion abput 1400 years old.

As a general observation, people interpret all kinds of things to justify their actions, not only religion and militant Islamism is more akin to totalitarian political philosophies such as Communism and Fascism than it is to Islam.

Back
Top Bottom