Tommy Robinson (EDL) punched in the face

Caporegime
No, I am offering my opinion, their answer is to fight back. They are not a political entity.

I condone neither, I would like to see an end to violence. It just isn't the typical response, and it is very much funny to me given their self proclaimed image and reputation.

Getting slapped in the street and driving away isn't fighting back, is it?

You're still avoiding the question - how do you think he should have reacted?

Permabanned
I initially thought someone had bitch-slapped Tony Robinson, a fatal mistake.

I mean seriously, would you risk incurring the wrath of a man who really knows how to bury **** deep, so deep in fact that I don't think even his descendants would recognise their great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather's handiwork when they find the badly mutilated skeletons in a mass grave sometime in the distant future while shooting an episode of Timeteam?

:D

Permabanned
You're still avoiding the question - how do you think he should have reacted?

The answer is in there, read dowie. I condone no violence so I wouldn't want either person to react in such fashion. His rhetoric is clear, as was his incitement of the situation. It would have been better if they just ignored each other and got on with their lifes. He brought it entirely on himself, why provoke?

Can anyone explain to me how the EDL will enact it's policies? Has that even been thought about yet?

Permabanned
As do the EDL in places?

Where it is a sterile environment, the only complaint can be more people.

I'm not advocating the EDL and I think their street protests just raise tensions, but I support their right for free speech.

And "we" have never done the same?

Absolutely, which is why I'm wary of any religion that holds so much sway over a populous.

People can make anything mean near enough anything, it isn't exclusive by any stretch of the imagination.

To a point, but the Bible doesn't contain anywhere near the same amount of lines about unbelievers, kafir or infidels.

Yes there is no difference in my mind. I think it impossible while there is constant war and interference into Muslim regions. We had the USA, which reminds me of your other avatar, which went to war with a leader who talked to God. As did we.

Hypocrisy much?

Don't get me started. ;)

Perhaps, but they are a minority and more than likely will remain a minority.

You say they are likely to remain a minority, but when you naively believe a book to have all the answers and things aren't going your way, it's easy to see how people commit crazy acts.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It is not only that, there are political, cultural and environental factors to consider also.

Be careful not to confuse Militant Islamism which is a new political movement (about 100 years old) with Islam which is a religion abput 1400 years old.

As a general observation, people interpret all kinds of things to justify their actions, not only religion and militant Islamism is more akin to totalitarian political philosophies such as Communism and Fascism than it is to Islam.

I'm fully aware of that, (Daniel Pipes site is very insightful in that regard) but it doesn't change the fact it is a coherent and powerful ideology that you could almost argue is a logical response to Western foreign policy.

Permabanned
I'm not advocating the EDL and I think their street protests just raise tensions, but I support their right for free speech.

What about free speech for MAC?

Absolutely, which is why I'm warying of any religion that holds so much sway over a populous.

To a point, but the Bible doesn't contain anywhere near the same amount of lines about unbelievers, kafir or infidels.

They are ancient texts, there is little can be done about that now. It is from a distant time, it's how people make it relevent to modern day that is the issue.

Venting at the text itself is irrelevent.

Don't get me started. ;)

Well it isn't as simple as 'its them, its their book and nothing else'.

Which is often argued, implied and what not else.

You say they are likely to remain a minority, but when you naively believe a book to have all the answers and things aren't going your way, it's easy to see how people commit crazy acts.

What about people who commit crazy acts without religious externalities?

Again, it is a minority and it can be combatted well away from cruising about in cars videotaping the heathen swines.

Caporegime
The answer is in there, read dowie. I condone no violence so I wouldn't want either person to react in such fashion.

So why did you post that it was a 'Pathetic response from the EDL either way.' ?

Seems to me that, in this instance, it was the correct response from the EDL and the bloke with the beard was the violent thug.

(Both groups are muppets tbh... elements of the Muslim community who take it all too seriously and can't tolerate any criticism and football hooligans who will blindly attack Muslims, seemingly with a racist agenda too)

Permabanned
So why did you post that it was a 'Pathetic response from the EDL either way.' ?

Seems to me that, in this instance, it was the correct response from the EDL and the bloke in the beard was the violent thug.

Argumentum ad nauseam. It isn't correct from their mindset, how is videotaping fighting back? They aren't a political movement they are a "street protest group" with a penchant for violence and thuggery. The correct response would have been not to create the situation, and not incite religious and racial hatred.

Permabanned
I'm fully aware of that, (Daniel Pipes site is very insightful in that regard) but it doesn't change the fact it is a coherent and powerful ideology that you could almost argue is a logical response to Western foreign policy.

I don't disagree with that. I simply think that a degree of separation should drawn between Islam and Islamism.

iirc Daniel Pipes advocates that the best weapon against radical Islamism is Moderate Islam.

Caporegime
I don't disagree with that. I simply think that a degree of separation should drawn between Islam and Islamism.

iirc Daniel Pipes advocates that the best weapon against radical Islamism is Moderate Islam.

Which is the best way forward but i find the moderate muslims such as myself are drowned out by the radicals all too often especially moreso in the media...i remember a few yrs ago that one muslim here, cant remember who it was but issued a fatwa against the extremists but he wasnt given much notice by the media.

I suppose papers like the Daily Fail et al need to keep up their weekly/monthly quota of all things anti muslim/islam:p

Back
Top Bottom