****Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 thread****

Associate
anyone having any issues playing on the dedicated servers?

when i join it plays fine for the first ~1 min then it lags out, any ideas how to fix?

Soldato
I'm getting a CTD every time I try to continue the game after the Paris/Eiffel Tower mission. The CTD happens during the loading screen and, more precisely, when the Taskforce 141/Yuri shield is on screen. Even playing the game in safe mode won't bypass the issue. :(

Soldato
Yep, perfectly fine here. It was pretty easy to set-up the VPN to my surprise as well.:)

Nice, Yeh I took the plunge and bought one :) got the key, after you put the russian ip. do you restart router and it goes away?

Just started download on steam and it shows up download 2 items? are they both separated for SP and other for MP

Call of duty modern warfare 3 and Call of duty modern warfare 3 multiplayer

is tht right, thx guys

Last edited:
Soldato
Any one had a disk read error whilst playing SP?

I just can get past it.
I had a problem with the game crashing last night. After a problem with FM12 SI Games told us to verify the game cache/files. I tried that with MW3 and it found two files that were corrupt and re-downloaded them. Game then worked fine after that.

Soldato
Just a heads up to anyone who has been having connection issues with MW3 MP, I had a 'moderate' NAT, it would struggle to find games with a low ping, often would connect to a game, load map then time out.

SO anyway after a few hours or changing things I simply disabled upnp on my router (had previously tried manual port forwarding amongst other things). Disabling it left my NAT status as 'open' and now connects to lower ping matches and the time outs are now pretty much non-existant. Strange as I was under the impression the whole point of UPNP was to auto-configure thing such as NAT?

Anyhow TL;DR If your having connection problems or timeouts try disabling UPNP.

Back
Top Bottom