*** The Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim Official Thread ***

Soldato
Can anyone explain to me the puzzles?

I know that sounds a bit random, but I don't get the puzzles. I've just been guessing them thus far, but I'm wondering if there's something I'm not understanding. I'm stuck on a particular puzle, where I have 6 pillars to activate.

All of them have the " Bird/Snake/Dolphin" thing on them. I don't have a key to have a look to see what order they must be in, nor any clues that I can see.

Is there anything more to it that I might no be getting?

fyi: It's the "Under the Saarthal" quest I'm on that Ive taken at the Mage's college.

Associate
Well I bought it today as I've got glandular fever and I've probably got most of next week off work! Traded BF3 in and paid a fiver as battlefield is a little intense to play online when your not feeling great! I'll pick it up cheap after xmas.

Loving Skyrim tho, just arrived to meet the greybeards, only level 4 i think. It looks absolutely fantastic! I keep on getting attacked by wolves whilst looking a streams and waterfalls.

Ran into a troll earlier and couldn't kill him, legged it in the end. His health kept regenerating and I just didn't have enough health to finish him of. What's the best way to take one of those guys down? Or shall I just run away like a girl again?

Associate
Ran into a troll earlier and couldn't kill him, legged it in the end. His health kept regenerating and I just didn't have enough health to finish him of. What's the best way to take one of those guys down? Or shall I just run away like a girl again?

Was that the troll you meet just before meeting the Greybeards? I had to leg it from him too. :p Their weakness is fire though.

Hope you get well soon (but not before having most of next week off to play this :D)

Soldato
Well I bought it today as I've got glandular fever and I've probably got most of next week off work! Traded BF3 in and paid a fiver as battlefield is a little intense to play online when your not feeling great! I'll pick it up cheap after xmas.

Loving Skyrim tho, just arrived to meet the greybeards, only level 4 i think. It looks absolutely fantastic! I keep on getting attacked by wolves whilst looking a streams and waterfalls.

Fire, trolls burn well, must be their troll fat. :)

Caporegime
LOL, reminds me of when I went to check out the mammoths. I walked right up to one thinking "Awww, they're perfectly harmless." Then one of the buggers bashed me and started chasing me. I've never wished I could leg it faster in my life. :D

Soldato
Dont suppose there's any way to reset your skills? trying to play as a pure mage just doesn't work.. was fine until a point and now its taking like 3 mana bars with a companion + damage to take them down =/

Soldato
Can anyone tell me if the dragon bones etc you pick up from dead dragons are needed later in the game or can I just sell them? They are rather heavy just so don't want to be carrying them about if i don't need them for something specific, cheers.

Caporegime
Can anyone tell me if the dragon bones etc you pick up from dead dragons are needed later in the game or can I just sell them? They are rather heavy just so don't want to be carrying them about if i don't need them for something specific, cheers.

They are useful for something. Just store them in your house (also get a house) :p

Soldato
No way to reset your skills sadly.

Pure mage is a pretty popular build, I'd just work at it.

It might be popular, it doesn't make it good :p

The fact i can summon 2* 1h weapons and kill quicker then i can with my spells says it all =/ and for tricky moments i can go 1 summoned 1h and keep the other hand free for CC

Back
Top Bottom