SATA to IDE Converter not working on Gigabyte M68MT-S2

Associate
I bought a Gigabyte M68MT-S2 & new processor from OCUK not so long ago to replace an old board.

Problem was there are no IDE connections on the board so I have bought SATA to IDE converters. However I have tried with two different types and neither of them work.

Depending which IDE device they are plugged into they either hang the BIOS on startup when scanning for drives or are failed to be picked up by Windows OS but does however get picked up in Ubuntu. (Not super helpful when you want to install BF3!)

Any suggestions on this apart from the obvious of forking out for new SATA drives?

Last edited:
Associate
No great suggestions,

Seen others try using IDE converters recently, having it connected to marvel sata ports caused problems.
Needed to make sure the converter has all its power connections plugged in.
Some harddrives dont like the converters (not sure how it applys to dvd drives)
And the sata/ide ports worked in one direction depending which ones you connected too.

Nothing really helpful, but you could just make an image of the dvd while in ubuntu and install that way. Or you could have just added your cdkey to origin and downloaded by now!

Oh just to add!... Same issue with my PC having a IDE dvd rom when i upgraded my pc, luckerly had a other pcs in the house and found one with a sata drive i ripped out. Used that for now, intending to get a BD when it feels more needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom