Poll: Do you regularly give to charity?

Do you make regular donations to charity?

• Yes

Votes: 56 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 130 69.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'd probably have to say no. I give to occasional big events like Comic Relief, Children in Need etc etc, and sometimes buy raffle tickets for a local charity event, but thats about it really.

Whenever I see one of those "please give £2 a month adverts" to save this sad little puppy/child/endangered species I usually tend to roll my eyes.

ntg

ntg

Associate
Yes, I play the euromillions regularly and a portion of all earnings of that goes to charitable causes via Camelot.

Soldato
Each month, I give £30 which is split between 4 charities (3 animal charities and 1 human). I've been doing that for the last 10 years or so, and will continue to do so as long as I can.

Soldato
I give on a regular basis. I give to one certain charity on a regular basis (directly in cash - gift aided) and then I also do what I can for any homeless people I meet on the street, especially when it is cold and/or wet.

One other thing I do is when I have an issue with a company that needs to be resolved, I ask for a donation to a charity of my choice as a gesture of goodwill.

Soldato
No I don't because I quite honestly barely have enough money to maintain a basic life style at the moment.

Early days though, so hopefully in time I'll be a lot more involved.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, I donate my time to a couple of charitable organisations and donate a lot of clothes and other items to my local Barnardo's charity shop. But never money.

Permabanned
No.

Not because I can't afford it. I simply don't care enough.

I do participate in 'don't wear a suit, donate a quid' stuff at work, or buy charity cakes if I fancy one.

But do I care about Magawashi Knitty, the 11 year old born with 15 legs and 12 ears? not really.

EDIT - we do give our old stuff to charity shops as I can't be botered to sell it.

Associate
Nope, I can afford to but I don't really trust most charities, I give money to charity pots to get rid of my spare change but that's about it, I also buy a poppy each year but if I'm honest it more social conformity rather than actually thinking about where the money goes.

and movember of course, because I believe in the charities that get the money

Caporegime
Yes.

10% a month to the church. I'll not tell you the specific amount for obvious reasons.
£25 a month sponsoring a child in Uganda.
£15 a month for a local Christian charity in Manchester

I think that's all at the moment... I don't think there's any others. I want to give more, but our budget is very tight as it is.

Oh yeah, and we have a National Trust subscription, which I guess counts.

Oh, and it's Child's Play coming up, so we'll be buying something for that.

Back
Top Bottom