****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Soldato
Yes it takes 3 hrs to charge from dead - a more powerful charger won't help as the SGS2 is setup to draw less thaN 0.7A.

With regards to this, I remember reading something this morning, I'm positive it was something to do with changing the rate at which the phone charges from AC charger and from the PC USB cable. I'll see if I can find something.

On a side note, some screenshots. If there is another thread I should post these in let me know and I'll move them.
Just thought I'd like to share them as I'm really liking them, had a bit of clean up as I was using loads of the stock widgets which looked overcrowded and down right pants.

LS:
sc20111116231358.png

Go Launcher:
sc20111116231339.png
sc20111116231344.png
sc20111116231349.png

Launcher Pro:
sc20111116231422.png
sc20111116231431.png
sc20111116231503.png

Haha, has made me realise the background wallpaper is messed up :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Rooted the phone last night using Chainfire's method on XDA. Couldn't have been easier, don't know if it's just me but the phone seems a little snappier.

Anyway, I tried installing a theme last night (first ever), downloaded the zip, dropped it on the phones memory (don't have SD yet), opened CWM, tried to install theme, phone reboots, no theme :confused:

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? It says something about choosing odexed/deodexed, when I download. I'm pretty sure mine is odexed as all I have done is root the phone, not installed a custom ROM!?

Soldato
Yep, stock ROMs are odexed. Was it the JKay thing I linked you in the other thread? I haven't used it personally, but I imagine there's a few here that do that might know why.

Have you downloaded the JKay settings app and installed it on the phone? I can't tell whether they don't work without it or whether it's just used if you don't want to use whatever is set by default.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
For a 32gb card have a look on mymemory.com. A class 10 should be about £30. Class 4 for about £20.

The higher the class the quicker it writes.

what about random writes
it seems most 32gb ones have nice speeds transfer speeds but really poor random writes

am i better off getting a 16gb one or can you recommend a fast 32gb class 10 with good random writes

Soldato
Latest thing is getting hardware rendering working using drivers taken from Galaxy Tab running HC. Still errors everywhere, it does seem to be a race before the leak though.

To the CM7 nightly runners, is there a recent one you've found to be a relative milestone in having things working? Just wondering if it's wise getting the latest when they do become available.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep, stock ROMs are odexed. Was it the JKay thing I linked you in the other thread? I haven't used it personally, but I imagine there's a few here that do that might know why.

Have you downloaded the JKay settings app and installed it on the phone? I can't tell whether they don't work without it or whether it's just used if you don't want to use whatever is set by default.

Yes it was the JKay thing.

I followed his instructions in his post, he said to install the theme.zip first, reboot then install the .apk

The theme didn't install but the .apk did. Tried installing the theme again after that, still no joy :(

Soldato
That was one thing i liked about apple, they did a show and the OS came out that night.

Samsung should have started work on this for the SGS2 a long time ago and had access to ICS code obviously they did for the Nexus......

Soldato
Samsung should have started work on this for the SGS2 a long time ago and had access to ICS code obviously they did for the Nexus......

This. You're not telling me the first time Motorola and such saw the code was the other day too. I don't get the delay.

Maybe ultimately it comes back to Google and the fact that they probably can't be seen to be helping the bigger vendors by giving it to them very early.

Back
Top Bottom