*** The Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim Official Thread ***

Soldato
I am wondering what to do on my adventures tonight.

I have decided to take up archery instead of destruction though for ranged damage so may practice that.

I found a treasure chest burried in the tundra behind a puzzle lock It was a 3 x 3 pillar turning one.

Only so many possible combinations. I got it on the last one :( lol.

Soldato
Me too, seems a bit daft to make the maximum armour cap lower than their best armour. Bethesda do make mistakes now and then with regards to bugs but not usually in design features like that.

On some of the other forums, people have been exploiting the smithing and enchanting and it seems you can end up with a 1500-1800 armour rating.

I assume this just has diminishing returns and is no longer effective.

Associate
I have decided to take up archery instead of destruction though for ranged damage so may practice that.

If you go to riverwood and speak with a guy called Sven, and when he asks you to take a letter to the girl in the shop, dont lie to her tell her the truth and then speak with Faendal, he is an archer he will then follow you.

Get him to train you on Archery, then ask him to trade and get all your money back, rinse and repeat, brilliant for leveling up your archery buddy :D

Soldato
I found the money glitch by myself last night when I went to slay a quest dragon there!
Now wondering whether I should actually use it. Kinda scared it might spoil the game for me ... hmmm. Could use the money I make just to buy a house so I don't have to keep dropping all my loot :(

Soldato
I found the money glitch by myself last night when I went to slay a quest dragon there!
Now wondering whether I should actually use it. Kinda scared it might spoil the game for me ... hmmm. Could use the money I make just to buy a house so I don't have to keep dropping all my loot :(

Don't do it, mainly as there is no need and it is easy to accumulate enough money as time goes on just by playing the game.

Same as people who power level their smithing and then find with improvements and enchants the game lacks incentive. Still I imagine 99% of the player base won't be stat and number crunching and trawling the forums for the cheats and work-arounds and will just play and enjoy the game

I guess they had to strike a balance somewhere and make it very playable and completable but give everyone access to the best gear.

It would be nice if there was some specific gear linked to the higher levels, the odd epic or so like goldbrand was.

Caporegime
Woah, with the three words for the starting thu'um, it is now quite amazing! :D

And with that, I bow out til Christmas. This rental copy is going back, Bethesda deserve to have my money for this amazing game.

Associate
Had two random Dragon battles last night after a while of not seeing any dragons at all. The best was the first one.
I came out of winterun collage and as soon as it loaded up I was blasted with fire to the face, Blood Dragon right outside the door, it actually made me drop my joypad lol, amazing fight took a while to beat him he was so close at all times in that tight area, had to hide between poles and was still getting flambayed lol.

The coolest part was everytime I go back to the collage his bones are still there outside the door. :D

Soldato
If you go to riverwood and speak with a guy called Sven, and when he asks you to take a letter to the girl in the shop, dont lie to her tell her the truth and then speak with Faendal, he is an archer he will then follow you.

Get him to train you on Archery, then ask him to trade and get all your money back, rinse and repeat, brilliant for leveling up your archery buddy :D

I did the alternate ending for that one, after the responses I got, I think maybe that was wrong. Still means I don't get Faendal as a follower.

Will just need to get the companions questline done as they offer the same services and money reclaim options.

Soldato
So, last night I started my final new char, sticking to this one lol.

It's a mage, my Magicka goes pretty quickly even though I have 220 and the perk for halfing the cost of apprentice spells (firebolt). I am level 6(?) and just starting the Mage college quests. I am doing NOTHING else until I am done with the college quests lol. That is my aim tonight.

In terms of character progression, I will be wearing robes until level 15, at which point my destro/resto/enchanting perk trees should be sufficiant enough for me to switch to light armor (still unsure of heavy or light...) and enchant it allowing me to keep a decent Magicka regen (already learnt the 75% from a necro robe).

At level 20, I will probably concentrate on destro/one handed after 5 levels of perking up my light armor.

At level 25, who knows :D

Soldato
Heavy armour is a must. I tried a battlemage with light armour. It's useless, you die in about 2 hits. Heavy offers a lot more defense on this game I think compared to Oblivion. Also there is a perk in heavy armour at about 70 I think where it weighs nothing and doesn't slow you down.

Soldato
Might have to start using heavy armour until I get around to building up my sneak and pickpocketing as I'm getting roasted a hell of a lot with light. Granted I'm still only about level 11.

Soldato
I'm currently Level 28 and I'm a pure 2H Warrior with 60 in heavy armor and 71 in two handed.

I'm wondering, would it mess my character up and make him suck at higher level if I was to start training sneaking, archery and pickpocketing now?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom