********** The all new "Official" iPhone 4S thread - Keep all the iPhone 4S stuff in here **********

Associate
anyone find periods where text messages just wont send? Im not sure if its my handset or just three being sketchy!

also.. I have a friend who previously had an iphone but has changed phones, is there a way to stop my phone trying to imessage him?

Soldato
anyone find periods where text messages just wont send? Im not sure if its my handset or just three being sketchy!

also.. I have a friend who previously had an iphone but has changed phones, is there a way to stop my phone trying to imessage him?

I got that yesterday on O2 but then I am in an area where there is virtually no reception. They might have changed the default thing to keep trying to keep sending rather than just pop up an error saying it couldn't send but mine was stuck for a good few hours on about 80%.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
With my new Vodafone contract I get 2GB BT OpenZone access. There are no clear instructions as to how to set this up. Just using my normal Vodafone username and password doesn't work.

Associate
With my new Vodafone contract I get 2GB BT OpenZone access. There are no clear instructions as to how to set this up. Just using my normal Vodafone username and password doesn't work.

It needs to be a commercial openzone and you just log in with your vodafone username and password after pressing the vodafone logo on the front page of safari.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Thanks to above posters :)

Have no idea what's going in regards to my phone. I went into the upgrade section on 'My Account' and upgraded to the 4S this morning and since then it's been on the 'Confirmed' stage. The order still hasn't processed. Which is odd as the 4S 16GB in White is showing as 'In Stock'. There's certainly no checks they need to do as I've already been with Vodafone on a contract for a year.

I'm impatient :p

Associate
If I get a 4S full price from Apple store can I use it with any SIM (mini of course) card? Or does it need to be on a contract?

Associate
change his settings in contacts to mobile phone or home instead of iphone?

Yeah I did that and it had no effect..

Another iMessage problem : one of my mates said my messages started appearing in a separate thread under my email address, is that his phone being confused or mine?
Tempted to just disable iMessage, with uk contracts theres not much point anyway..

Associate
Anyone seen the rumour iOS 5.0.2 around the corner to re-address battery issues??

Also I am after a dock for mine, are the cheaper ones ok or shall I go with the official Apple one..

Soldato
I've updated to 5.01 but my battery life still doesn't seem great. I gave the phone a full charge and then then left it on standby for 2 hours.

Usage 36 mins
Standby 1hr 45 mins
95% battery

Is this normal or is there a problem with the phone? I literally left it in standby, didn't use it once, so not sure how it's clocked up 36 mins usage ...?

Man of Honour
So I dropped my precious 4S in the crapper last night. In the 12 years I've owned mobile phones, it's the first time I've ever done this/lost one/had it stolen/damaged it. I'm absolutely gutted

My own fault, I was wasted and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to send a text while taking a pee.

Anyway, I turned it off instantly just before the screen went mental. And it's been in a bag of rice since. But what are the chances that if I leave it for a few days, it will work ok?

Soldato
Anyway, I turned it off instantly just before the screen went mental. And it's been in a bag of rice since. But what are the chances that if I leave it for a few days, it will work ok?

It might work for a day but the innards will start rusting so the buttons will stop working randomly then you will get no signal on the sim and / or wifi.

Soldato
Anyone seen the rumour iOS 5.0.2 around the corner to re-address battery issues??

Also I am after a dock for mine, are the cheaper ones ok or shall I go with the official Apple one..

Go for the official one but not from Apple - I got one from the bay for £15 delivered.

Back
Top Bottom