****Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 thread****

Man of Honour
Once again thanks barmyllama.

So how come dedicated servers are unranked as opposed to local games?

Now that's a question I can't answer.

Probably to try and stop stat padding, because in theory locally hosted games go through IWNet and therefore "server" settings are in their control.

The reality is IWNet is hacked very quickly and instant max rank in one kill games are hosted all the time.

Associate
Well, I buckled and took up Tesco's offer of MW3 for £25 when bought with a 12 month XBOX Live sub.

I was slightly concerned that the game may be similar to Black OPs, in that the single player game would be a bit OTT, and the multiplayer would be unforgiving (probably something to do with my advancing years and slower reactions). My concerns were well founded........

I know most folks probably buy MW for the multiplayer experience, and that's a major part of the attraction for me too. However, I remember the excellent single player campaign in MW1, and was hoping that MW3 might provide a similar experience. MW2 was a slight disappointment in the solo mode in my opinion, it was a little to "kick and rush". It seems as though the developers when for style over substance in MW3, I now call the single player game "follow the white dot, and get killed quite a lot". OK, I'm playing it on "hardened", but some parts seem to be more about luck than skill. I feel no sense of achievement when I complete a level, more a sense of "what happened there ?" and "I'm glad that's over".

I feel this game could have been brilliant, but I find it average. The graphics, audio and production are all top notch, but every time I finish a level I think "oh, that's another one done, pity I didn't get time to take in the great graphics". It's also very hard to feel immersed in a game where you never seem to be able to finish off the enemies. They just keep respawning, and that takes away any sense of realism or achievement when you do complete a level. I am currently stuck on the part where you have to kill Makarov in the building. All of a sudden it is taking many, many deaths to get past this bit. In fact so many deaths that I am tempted to do physical damage to my XBOX/TV/MW3 disc.

The multiplayer mode is also rather frustrating at the moment, without the weapon/perk upgrades I feel like a sitting duck. Hopefully that will improve once I`ve got a few more hours (and many deaths) under my belt.

Slight rant over. :D

Soldato
Quick question:
How do I download MW3 if I already have a key? Bought the key of my mate in the UK, figured I could download it somewhere and simply enter the key code in? But obviously through Steam you have to purchase it first??
Any ideas?
Edit* Found it through Steam :) Now to wait a couple of hours......

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Guys- Playing SP, however it at only 30fps-40fps (MSI afterburner) on GTX480. However gameplay is quite smooth, is there MSI glitch or smtn?

thank you.

Unless this is a giant co-incidence, according to a site I download my TV episodes from, are you asking for help with a cracked copy that exhibits similar traits?

Soldato
Meh. Single player now finally done. I was expecting it to be as fun as MW2 and to a point it was, but like others have said it felt too frantic - like there too much going on at once. The first person cinematics were fun but they made them too tedious to enjoy this time round. Also, the ending was a bit of a downer I thought. MW2 ended on a sort of cliffhanger, whereas MW3 just well.. I'll let other people find out if they haven't done so already.

Playing this just reminded me of all the good things about the previous COD games. I don't think there was really a single thing in this game that stood out to me that I would go on to recall as memorable stood next the previous games.

Definitely was not worth £30+ and I'm glad I didn't pay that much for mine.

Feel like replaying the others now though and reminding myself of what made the previous COD games better.

Caporegime
so basically half of people just pirated single player :(

those who keep going on about dedis i really cant get my head round there thinking :confused:

dedis can have your own classes on that you make up yourself .

the purpose of ranking up is to unlock these perks and guns which you dont need to do if you play on dedis cause there already unlocked .

so many crying when the basic stuff is already there but youd rather rank to get what you already got :confused:

anyway some have already modded a server dedi wise to rank up so that will probably happen anyway.

Permabanned
Can any1 recommend me wat good guns/classes to use for online? Im only a lv.14 though at the mo.
thxs

Depends how you like to play I think.

I like to run and gun. I am using the UMP45 with rapid fire and extended mags.

Sleight of hand and steady aim, I almost always fire from the hip. 2nd perk I like Hardline Pro as with the new tweaks it makes killstreaks much easier when you get credited with kills for each two assists.

Soldato
I don't come across hackers as much as others do in any COD game iv played. Are you over exaggerating by saying "almost every game" ?

Maybe i don't play it enough to come across them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Depends how you like to play I think.

I like to run and gun. I am using the UMP45 with rapid fire and extended mags.

Sleight of hand and steady aim, I almost always fire from the hip. 2nd perk I like Hardline Pro as with the new tweaks it makes killstreaks much easier when you get credited with kills for each two assists.

Thx dude, forgot to mention I do lots of run/gun. does marathon still exist lol? thx Ill try those perks with UMP. Wud the MP5 work aswell?

Back
Top Bottom