Game rental service review

Associate
i was with boomerang for few years and if your looking for top title they won't send you for weeks unless you have other older alternatives in your list. i now use lovefilm and they are pretty consistent and they have huge library so waiting time is much less

Soldato
Boomerang = Slower, but get what you ask for in your priority list.
Lovefilm = Faster, but just throw any game of your list at you, regardless of priority.

Just my personal experience with them both.

Associate
I've used swap game, lovefilm and boomerang so far. I now only have one disc at a time cos I'm skint nowadays!

They've all been very good to fair. I recently stopped boomerang cos if you have the cheaper services they only send you games that are older than 3 months which at this time of year, with all the new games, is a bit pointless!

Anyway, I just signed up to blockbuster as it's only slightly more expensive and they give you new games. I signed up on the Thursday, they sent me Battlefield 3 on the Friday and it arrived on Saturday. So I've only have one game but I'm well impressed! Plus you can get movies. Don't know how the prices compare to lovefilm on the more expensive services but I'm pretty sure lovefilm don't do games cheap.

Caporegime
Over the past 12 months, I've been on Boomerang's Priority One which is £10.99 for one disc at a time unlimited rentals and they've sent me every new release I've asked for this year on release day. Outstanding service.

Soldato
I'm with LoveFilm, have been for about 6 months now, haven't had any issues, except for one scratched disk (Resistance on PS3) which they swapped straight away and also sent me an additional game (so I had 3 instead of the usual 2).

I'm on the 2 disks at home, unlimited rentals plus games package, which up is now £11.99/month.

I like the fact you can have multiple rental lists, I have separate lists for games and blu-rays, which means if I send a game back I get another game, if I send a film back I get a film, handy because I can go through 3-4 films while I'm playing through a game.

Never had a problem with not getting latest releases, in fact I got Skyrim off them last week (so that's one of my rentals taken for the next 6 months!!), although I did cheat the system a little, by creating a rental list with just Skyrim on and allocating one of my disks to that :p

You also get unlimited* LoveFilm player viewing, which isn't amazing quality, but depending if you fancy films as well can be quite useful.

If you're just after games then a dedicated games rental service might be more appropriate if it's cheaper, but if you'd want films too, I wouldn't fault LoveFilm

*(except for a few pay-per-view releases)

Associate
Blockbuster seem to be great so far. I signed up on Sunday and just received Uncharted 3 and Batman:AC, the two top games on my list.

They have a two week trial for £1 on at the moment.

Associate
Had been a Boomerang fan for over 2yrs but decided I didnt like to spend extra just to still not get my top rental choices.

I joined up to Lovefilm and had my top choices each time.

Tried GAME trial a while back but isnt the turnaround painfully slow? like 5-7 days?

Associate
Blockbuster seem to be great so far. I signed up on Sunday and just received Uncharted 3 and Batman:AC, the two top games on my list.

They have a two week trial for £1 on at the moment.

I think they treat trial customers very nicely, because they want you to stay. I've been with Boomerang for a year and their service is good, I always get the games I ask for and the turn around is fast. I do keep games for quite a while though.

Soldato
I've been with Boomerang before and was quite dissapointed with their service. I never seemed to get my top choices sent out and it was always games on the bottom of my list.

I've just give the Blockbuster £1 for 2 weeks trial a go.

I sent SR3 through as my 'top ticket' which seems like a very interesting feature. Apparently they guarentee the next thing they send me will be SR3 although I'm not sure on how long the turnaround qill be.

Has anyone else here used Blockbuster for a long time and has had good service?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom