Whats going on with Shipping?

Associate
No not at all hard to understand, thanks for clarifying.

Its nice to know its done on order value rather than just on size as I wouldn't want a £200+ graphics card going via DX.

Soldato
I ordered something on Monday morning and it still has not arrived yet. It only shipped yesterday morning so I don't think this is a shipping issue, rather that OCUK took a day to despatch. Never had that before.

OcUK Staff
Has something changed for Overseas customers as the only option i am getting is pickup from OCUK shop.

The order is too heavy so no shipping option has come up, if you split the order into two separate orders, it should give you shipping options. :)

Its nice to know its done on order value rather than just on size as I wouldn't want a £200+ graphics card going via DX.

Glad to hear you understand now. :)

I ordered something on Monday morning and it still has not arrived yet. It only shipped yesterday morning so I don't think this is a shipping issue, rather that OCUK took a day to despatch. Never had that before.

If you want to post in the customer service section with your order number I shall be more than happy to help you.

Permabanned
OP

Yes, unfortunately it was my 256gig SSD worth £290 which got sent via DX, so its not strictly value, though I do appreciate 5UB clarifying the issue

Soldato

My £400 GTX580 was due to be delivered by DX 2 months ago until i stumped up the extra for DPD after hearing all the horror stories on these forums about DX.

Associate
Aslong as it gets here in one piece I love my free delivery :)
Use DX for other things and never had a problem but then again the delivery guy in our area is a really nice bloke :)

Associate
Good thread mate, glad to hear other people have had frustrations with DX. The only day I don't work is monday and I can't get items delivered to work so they have to be delivered on a monday. I usually order on a friday so I can be in when it is delivered, but the last 2 orders had to be cancelled and returned to OCUK because I got an email saying it would be delivered but when I phoned dx to find out where my order was they just said "we forgot to send it".

I think OCUK are a fantastic company and I will be using them for pretty much all my PC orders. I will be using the paid delivery though from now on though, like they say you get what you pay for.

Associate
Another disgruntled DX Secure customer. Been waiting in all day for them. Don't think it's going to turn up in the next 2 minutes...
Never had anything other than DPD from Overclockers before and that has been lovely.

Soldato
Get what you pay for though. Pay with peanuts and get monkeys - I've not used the free shipping for that very reason, I'd rather get my stuff next day than gamble with it :/

Associate
Same happend to me too, expecting a package today and got the "Overclockers Delivery Alert" email from DXS E-Support stating 8am to 6pm delivery time. nothing came :(

Got no love for DX, had a courier come at 8pm once by bike.

DPD > DX

Last edited:
Permabanned
Had my first stuff received from DX today ... it arrived at 6:30 pm after I waited all day with it out for delivery :x

Why cant I have free DPD?

I sent that order back though and told the courier I'd been waiting all day to tell him it needed sending back, and I ordered what I wanted instead just now.

Thats also coming by DX :x (I7 980, wanting to add this to my shiny R3E and keep them for years and years and years!).

Last edited:
Soldato
DX are just useless/confused here it seems :(

Website says;

4. Can I book a specific delivery time?

Your provider has arranged a standard secure delivery between 9am and 5pm. However, we are able to offer timed deliveries in some instances, which can be done online
here.

However first attempt was 830am, called up to rebook/complain to be told that the website is wrong and first attempt is 7-7, reattempts are 9-5. Day two 745am attempt call up to complain and they eventually redeliver 2 days later at my work ~6 miles away.

Back
Top Bottom