Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Mine never popped as standard, even with the Miltek Flexi and Mountune cat back it only did it very rarely on long drives...

With mountune 200 though...

Not my car but you get the idea!

Last edited:
Soldato
standard unit never popped for me :(

Strange that mine does?

I can get it to pop either by standing still and blipping the throttle once or by accelerating hard in 2nd to about 4000rpm and letting off, then it lets off a few nice pops as it slows down.

That said I don't remember it doing it as much before all the work was done on it through the supercharger phase. :confused:

I doubt removing the EGR valve and the larger flexi pipe would make such a difference. That's including the standard air box too!

Soldato
Logsi, i'd ask for better pictures to make sure they are black inside.

Not fussed about them being black, just whether they'd be a good quality replacement. Remember asking before and people warned they didn't have motors but these ones do. May buy some. Hate my prefacelift lights now.

Soldato
OP
Mine pops really well with the piper system, sounds awesome when engine braking or idling then do a little rev to 2k and pops on way down :)

I think standard lights are better than facelift, infact i think facelift lights are horrible. Prefer facelift back lights though which i have considered swapping.

Soldato
OP
Did a quick video when i just fitted it, rushed it as i felt a plonker incase neighbours seen lol.... Exhaust has calmed its self down now and noise comes in when it should do .

Last edited:
Associate
Never managed to make mine pop and she's got a standard exhaust on!

Out of interest what cat-back exhausts does everyone here have? Im thinking about getting one but dont want anything too loud like a piper. I want a deep roar tone but i think i'd get that from a mongoose right? I think my choice would be between a mongoose and a miltek non-resonated.

Anyone got just the mountune cat-back? How does that compare to the miltek?

Soldato
Never managed to make mine pop and she's got a standard exhaust on!

Out of interest what cat-back exhausts does everyone here have? Im thinking about getting one but dont want anything too loud like a piper. I want a deep roar tone but i think i'd get that from a mongoose right? I think my choice would be between a mongoose and a miltek non-resonated.

Anyone got just the mountune cat-back? How does that compare to the miltek?

I had a Milltek Manifold, Piper Sports cat (decat sometimes fitted also) and a Piper catback. VERY loud, but a "nice" deep sound. Very annoying on the motorway (90mph was quieter than 70mph for instance), but for a B road blast a great exhaust. Had this fitted for about 2.5 years (1 year decated, 1.5 with a sports cat). Decatted is FAR FAR FAR too loud, and makes the exhaust more raspy rather than the deep noise the Piper normally is. Piper is probably the loudest you can get without getting a custom system.

Now have a Mountune full system, its perfect. Its quieter than standard at 70mph while cruising, and sounds nice when driving full blast. Judging from trackday videos, the Mountune exhaust is slightly louder than the Piper at full speed on the track but im 100% sure this is just my camera messing up the sounds. Mongoose makes the same sort of noise as the Mountune system.

Ive heard many Milltek exhausts, both resonated and non resonated. I personally don't like the raspy noise they make, but the resonated one is probably quieter than standard on a normal cruise. Non resonated is too raspy for me, and Decatted are extremely raspy, just like the touring cars, only quieter.

Associate
I've seen a few vids of piper catbacks and they do sound nice and I love the tone but they seem very loud so could be very annoying when cruising around or on a long journey.

Do you know how a cobra catback compares to these in terms of loudness and tone?

Yeah im not so sure i like the raspy-ness of a miltek either so maybe swayed more towards the mongoose. Im getting a miltek flexi fitted after xmas so then the next purchase will be the catback. Not sure i want to go down the full system route yet but if i had the money i'd definitely mountune it!

Soldato
Well finished them, only took 3 weekends! Not too bad for a home paint job, couple of small runs in places but nothing hugely noticeable. Car looked amazing all lit up when I popped into Homebase last night, sadly I didn't have my camera with me to take a picture :(

Note I'm not brilliant with a camera :p

RIMG0001.jpg

RIMG0007.jpg

Been having some naughty thoughts recently in the way of more power but trying to be good :(

Soldato
OP
Looking good mate. Only slight thing i can say bad about your ST is i don't like how the alloys look lost in the back arch's. May just be the camera angle.

I pick up my newly powder coated alloys tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom