Gonna grow my hair long - few questions

Soldato
OP said:
During these times I looked like a douche.

There are good and bad points....

The negative is that you will definitely still look like a douche.

The positive is that you will be accepted into the occupy london protests with open arms.

ntg

ntg

Associate
You're supposed to do these things when you are a teenager, any time after 20y.old and you will look like a douche at all stages of the "growing" process.

Caporegime
I am fed up of spending time and money on regular haircuts,
lol how much do you spent? is go to the barbers every 4-6weeks and it costs 6 quid for a scissor cut that takes about 20-30mins

i dont get any special rates either

Soldato
You dont save money on hair cuts... You'll probably find barbers won't do the cheap man's haircuts to get it done and you'll have to visit expensive womanly places.

It's horrible to keep clean, the right shape and you get an instant assumption of the type of person you are by strangers.

In all honesty very few people can pull it off and there is even less reason to grow it to find out if you are one of those people (as you'll probably look like an idiot).

Finally if you get it timed regularly it grows quicker, costing more cash... It took me a year or two of no cuts to get it to grow longer, when if I had it cut more often it probably would have sped up.

I had long hair, now i have to look at it on my driving license every day. FML.

Me too :( (for 5 more years)

Soldato
Not sure there is a lot you can do about going through the 'middle length looking like a douche phase'....just got to put up with it until your hair is long enough. :)

Soldato
How long does it take to go from say, 1 inch long to maybe 12 inches?
Maybe 6 months.
Does long hair get in the way at all?
Yes.
Does facial hair + long hair = hobo?
Yes.
I used to have long hair (came halfway down my back). I wouldn't go back to it. Now that I'm older I think it looks a bit trampy.

Soldato
Don't do it...

What you think you'll look like..
5279973std.jpg

What you'll probably look like..
esdil.jpg

Reality <> what you think is cool in your head!

Soldato
I used to have long hair. I thought it was awesome at the time. But it wasn't. And now I'm stuck with long hair in my passport photo for the next 5 years.

Everyone I know who at one point had long hair and then went back to short hair doesn't regret it. Girls generally don't like long hair either (they'll say they do, but as soon as you get it cut short one day, you'll never be allowed to grow it back).

You seem to have some kind of delusion that long hair is easier to manage than short hair. First of all, washing it takes ages and drying it is impossible without a hair drier. Secondly, you'll find hair everywhere. Thirdly, it still needs cut. I used to get mine cut short once every 9 months. That means that every 9 months I went through the "douche" stage all over again. Fourthly, it gets in the way, and you'll find yourself flicking it out of the way every ten seconds. Only way to stop it is to pony tail it up but that's not really an option, is it?

I could go on.

Caporegime
Fourthly, it gets in the way, and you'll find yourself flicking it out of the way every ten seconds. Only way to stop it is to pony tail it up but that's not really an option, is it?

I could go on.
nothing worse than long hair + wind :mad:

i had a long hair for years and looking back i wish i never did!

op should shave his head with a razor if he wants to save money, shaved head will suit most people , theres no douche phase and if you dont like it within 2-3months its all good again

Back
Top Bottom